For being slow

Dr.Brownz

I am mentally preparing myself for this evening as my regular bagger is on vacation and his replacement is the slowest worker known to man. I have to deal with guy the whole week ,the bins will all be backed up, I will have nowhere to put the stuff and I will be aggravated as s---. He has been with the company for 10 years or more. So Birdblue not to worry unless you are trying to get seniority for a driving position.

LOL sounds like you are not that bright. Just slow down, it's the companies problem if :censored2: is getting backed up. You don't need to work extra hard to make up for what you perceive as a bad worker. Just work at your pace and don't worry about the rest.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
LOL sounds like you are not that bright. Just slow down, it's the companies problem if :censored2: is getting backed up. You don't need to work extra hard to make up for what you perceive as a bad worker. Just work at your pace and don't worry about the rest.
He’s been here along time. No need to berate him for taking pride in his job. Pretty sure he fully understands how UPS works.

numberonedriver

If you're a driver the only thing you have to worry about if your slow is that other drivers may bust your balls if they constantly are being sent to help. Management cant do sheet as long as your not puposly stealing time. We have a driver here that calls for help just about everyday and he hasn't been disciplined.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Look being responsible is an adult thing. My work especially the hots have to be out, done on their way to the airport by a certain time . The kid is not a bad worker he is just slow and my cross to bare for the week.

Over disciplined0123

I was wondering can a supervisor write me up for being slow?
Well as being a previous steward they can and will do what they want. And due consideration for age is noted. For example They will prob say something like when I timed you last month you loaded 30 pph and I just timed you today and your doing only 10pph.. They then will use your highest number as your demonstrated level of performance . Which is a bull:censored2: because not all packages are the same size. If your receive a letter always file a grievance and mabey then add in that you feel like they are in violation of article 37(harassment)
I was wondering can a supervisor write me up for being slow?

Zowert

Nothing. But they might send someone to go out and watch you along your route to try and pick you apart. Then write you up for stuff like no three points of contact, parking on the wrong side of the road, breaking the rules of backing, etc. so just make sure you drive safely and you’re fine.

Over disciplined0123

Nothing. But they might send someone to go out and watch you along your route to try and pick you apart. Then write you up for stuff like no three points of contact, parking on the wrong side of the road, breaking the rules of backing, etc. so just make sure you drive safely and you’re fine.
And when you actually do everything by the book I’m sure they will make something up

Dr.Brownz

Look being responsible is an adult thing. My work especially the hots have to be out, done on their way to the airport by a certain time . The kid is not a bad worker he is just slow and my cross to bare for the week.

UPS will abuse your work ethic to no end. Good luck

DOK

i was wondering can a supervisor write me up for being slow even though I am honestly am trying to go fast?

They can, file a harassment grievance immediately following each write up, create your own paper trail. As long as you’re a seniority employee and are actually trying your hardest.

Birdblue

Well as being a previous steward they can and will do what they want. And due consideration for age is noted. For example They will prob say something like when I timed you last month you loaded 30 pph and I just timed you today and your doing only 10pph.. They then will use your highest number as your demonstrated level of performance . Which is a bull:censored2: because not all packages are the same size. If your receive a letter always file a grievance and mabey then add in that you feel like they are in violation of article 37(harassment)
alright thanks and I was wondering the full time manager seems to like it when a loader gets to a thousand scans or better and my trailer only gets about 550 to 600 and by the end of the night I get about 700 or so and did not know if you thought if he might write me up even though I do go to other people’s trailer to help and do actually work if so what should I do?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
alright thanks and I was wondering the full time manager seems to like it when a loader gets to a thousand scans or better and my trailer only gets about 550 to 600 and by the end of the night I get about 700 or so and did not know if you thought if he might write me up even though I do go to other people’s trailer to help and do actually work if so what should I do?
A thousand is easily 5.5-6.5 hours of work in my neck of the woods. Again. Who cares.