For discussion...

By The Book

I had one a few months ago. It was for a 42" flat screen TV. I dropped off the replacement, completed the stop and told the consignee that I would be back later that day to pick up the original. The consignee was less than motivated and I had no intention of standing there and watching him take his sweet time making the swap.
This sounds like it prompted you in the diad for an exchange? If so aren't we to do the exchange at that time and then complete the stop? Reading thru this thread I find on one hand you go out of your way to service the customer, and on the other you upset this customer by coming back later at your discretion. Did we follow our own procedures, as trained in this situation?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This sounds like it prompted you in the diad for an exchange? If so aren't we to do the exchange at that time and then complete the stop? Reading thru this thread I find on one hand you go out of your way to service the customer, and on the other you upset this customer by coming back later at your discretion. Did we follow our own procedures, as trained in this situation?

Where did I say that I upset this customer? If anything, he appreciated that he would be able to take his (sweet ass) time rather than having me stand there breathing down his neck.

Yes, you have to do the MX at the same time. You scan the package, hit link, scan the return label, complete the stop, take package and put in with other pickup pieces. As far as UPS knows that is how it went down. :)

wayfair

swollen member
I had one a few months ago. It was for a 42" flat screen TV. I dropped off the replacement, completed the stop and told the consignee that I would be back later that day to pick up the original. The consignee was less than motivated and I had no intention of standing there and watching him take his sweet time making the swap.

nvm... the diad exchange...

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Yeah, on my route there's no time for that when your working up to the deadline on getting your volume back to the building and giving up breaks to get there.
friend that. No way in hell I take my breaks "at the building" they will send someone to come take your pu pieces. They come get mine all the time. Over dispatch is there problem , not yours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah, on my route there's no time for that when your working up to the deadline on getting your volume back to the building and giving up breaks to get there.

Giving up breaks, by the book...

Calm down Harry I take them at the building., as you know the time allowances change regularly.

Even I know that the only winner in this scenario is the company.

Take your lunch and breaks on road. I don't care when you take them but I do care that you take them on road rather than back at the building.

"Hi, my name is Upstate, and I am a runner gunner."

wayfair

swollen member
Take your lunch and breaks on road. I don't care when you take them but I do care that you take them on road rather than back at the building.

had a runner gunner a couple months ago call the office so see if someone could get his drop box...
guy that did pick it up, gets back to building to see said runner taking his lunch in the building...

take your break on road!

CHALLY9TX

Suppose you buy a new suit, bring it out to your car, change your mind, bring it back in to the store to return only to discover that they charge a "restocking fee" for all returns. Would you be OK with that?

He agreed to the restocking fee when he purchased the suit.

CHALLY9TX

This is the way that I was trained but I don't need training to know that it is the right thing to do for all involved.

I do the same with OCA's for stops that have a daily pickup and for residential customers with RS or ARS packages.

So if you get an OCA and it's an ARS, you cancel the OCA?