Ford wants to replace your UPS driver with a robot

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Ford wants to replace your UPS driver with a robot - Know Techie

Ahh, CES 2020 wouldn’t be complete without some crazy robot stories. Ford wants to use humanoid robots to deliver packages, paired with fully autonomous delivery vehicles so no humans are in the last mile of delivery.

Oh, and the robots (which come from Agility Robotics) don’t have a head… Creepy.

Ford is one of the first customers of Digit, the bipedal robot from Agility Robotics. The automaker has purchased two so far, which have been customized to Ford’s needs over a period of several months. The robot recharges while folded into the delivery vehicle, and it also works out the best way to the customer’s door by using the mapping data created by the autonomous car. Nifty.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
FedEx-I-Robot-2.jpg

Bob11B

Not to mention...robot goes in to get a package...what stops someone from entering the truck? This will not happen in my lifetime

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
This news article was behind by a couple of months:

Check out the date code of this YouTube video

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Never ceases to amaze me that they use an extremely limited variable as an example of the norm.

Warning Letter for head in parking on a residential driveway. Third letter, you're fired!

Serf

Curious. I wonder in my lifetime will I see the full shift and consequence of all this.
*Automation eliminating so many jobs.
*Opiod Crisis mismanagement eliminating generations
*Universal income to ensure consumership.
*GMO chemical food alternate protein sources.
*Tech watching everything you do.
*Rampant Autism.

Justaloader

Curious. I wonder in my lifetime will I see the full shift and consequence of all this.
*Automation eliminating so many jobs.
*Opiod Crisis mismanagement eliminating generations
*Universal income to ensure consumership.
*GMO chemical food alternate protein sources.
*Tech watching everything you do.
*Rampant Autism.

Begs the question - by the time the consequence hits, will you be of sound mind to even realize it?