Fourth Of July

rickyb

Hey folks looks like 4th of July falls on a Saturday this year. It will be Nationally observed on Friday July 3rd. Any idea if UPS is actually going to observe the holiday on Friday or will we all be working per usual while everyone else enjoys a 3 day weekend.
4th of july celebrations will be cancelled because mankind is drunk on power

rod

Retired 22 years
A Wednesday if I recall.
All I recall was that it was the VERY FIRST day I felt I had covered my butt with the retiring program. It took the friend'in Union an extra 27 days to get a written letter to me saying that I qualified for everything a 30 year out called for. At the time I didn't trust the Union anymore than I did the company. Their word over the phone meant nothing to me. I didn't want to be "that guy" who walked out a week too early. 30 years and 27 days----27 days too many.

Ghost in the Darkness

I'm taking that week (week ending the 4th). Its one of my favorite holidays and lots of fun things to do with my wife and kids. If the holiday was during the week I would just use the extra day somewhere else. Like Thanksgiving week this year I will schedule the extra day somewhere else. Maybe get a week in October. I haven't used any time yet this year so I have 11 days to use still.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Hey folks looks like 4th of July falls on a Saturday this year. It will be Nationally observed on Friday July 3rd. Any idea if UPS is actually going to observe the holiday on Friday or will we all be working per usual while everyone else enjoys a 3 day weekend.

Working per usual.

Holiday 2020.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Its ok, we have our own fireworks and things to set on fire...lol
I've got enough fireworks left over from last year to start a war. My Daughter stops in Mo. when she comes up here every summer and buys a truck load. One year we had 5 different fires burning in the woods around my house from a big multi-rocket thing that malfunctioned. That was fun.