free shipping thursday

ups2000

anyone else thing we are gonna get hammered next week . found this on a local news website.
More than 700 online retailers, including Toys r Us, Sears, Lands End, Overstock.com, Kohl's, Borders, Brookstone, Crate & Barrel, and JC Penney, to name a few, are offering free shipping on orders placed all day Thursday....with very few restrictions.

DazedandConfused

I was offered a helper for 1 hour last Friday. Told my sup "No Thank You" as the number of stops that I would gain in that time, I would lose picking him up and talking him home(he lives on-route). What's the sense?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Helper works the Preload and then she come rides with me. She got over 50 hours total last week, she worked more hours than me. 224 yesterday, we had a lighter day today with only 214.

Just_another_day_at_work

Was 23:15 for me last Christmas Eve ; they cut several routes and overloaded the rest of us. Back in the day, on Christmas Eve they would put everyone they had on the road and even out the work, but that was back in the day.
Are you kidding? Cut routes on the 24th? Never heard that one before. Maybe they thought everybody finishes up early trying to go home?! :happy2:

helenofcalifornia

I remember in the past on Christmas Eve getting back when it was still daylight and food for us to quasi celebrate the holiday. Now they don't have enuf helpers for the last week and they certainly (at least in my center) have any extra trucks to lighten up any overloaded drivers. (And no drivers to driver them since the extra ones are working as helpers.)

We all better have our Christmas shopping done and presents wrapped before this weekend is over.