Freeze period, western.

I'm being hired as a 22.4 in California, is there a freeze period on gaining seniority here?
I am a former union member, worked in Stockton, CA on local sort, gained seniority, went to integrad, passed, left before I got a route, got my rehire status approved and have to attend integrad again in like 2 weeks.

I'm being hired as a 22.4 in California, is there a freeze period on gaining seniority here?
I am a former union member, worked in Stockton, CA on local sort, gained seniority, went to integrad, passed, left before I got a route, got my rehire status approved and have to attend integrad again in like 2 weeks.
You're definitely a seasonal

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
California is a large state and is covered under multiple different contracts and management groups. No one can attempt to accurately answer this question without knowing exactly where and what specific date you will be starting on a route. Even knowing specifics answering you accurately is nearly impossible. Gaining seniority is all up to the company and they change there minds based on volume and what the next level of management above them directs them to do. Frozen, thawed or even vaporized was only relevant a second ago in regards to seniority being granted in a specific location. I will say this with confidence, the company generally does as it pleases during free periods. They string people along and grant seniority to as many or as few as they are directed by their bosses once the free period is over. Sometimes no one gains seniority. Anyone who answers you is taking an educated guess at best if, and only if, they have direct knowledge of the specific location you will be working.

California is a large state and is covered under multiple different contracts and management groups. No one can attempt to accurately answer this question without knowing exactly where and what specific date you will be starting on a route. Even knowing specifics answering you accurately is nearly impossible. Gaining seniority is all up to the company and they change there minds based on volume and what the next level of management above them directs them to do. Frozen, thawed or even vaporized was only relevant a second ago in regards to seniority being granted in a specific location. I will say this with confidence, the company generally does as it pleases during free periods. They string people along and grant seniority to as many or as few as they are directed by their bosses once the free period is over. Sometimes no one gains seniority. Anyone who answers you is taking an educated guess at best if, and only if, they have direct knowledge of the specific location you will be working.
Thank you. I'm in Napa, CA to be exact.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Lol, definitely sheltered.
@ive-gotta-package-4u has been around the block a few times. Threads like this pop up constantly around this time of year and many have responded over the years with good info. He is accurate with regards to being employed after Jan 15. It is most frequently the date the company has to either grant seniority or let you go.

@ive-gotta-package-4u has been around the block a few times. Threads like this pop up constantly around this time of year and many have responded over the years with good info. He is accurate with regards to being employed after Jan 15. It is most frequently the date the company has to either grant seniority or let you go.
I get that, I started this time in 2017 as a package handler and gained my seniority 9 months later. He's still being a dick.