Freeze period, western.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Official seasonal period is november 15. I'm flakey on the rest but that would imply having to start work by the start of october to reasonably get enough days in to qualify. Hell management here already started pvds and i am so unbelievably mad!

Official seasonal period is november 15. I'm flakey on the rest but that would imply having to start work by the start of october to reasonably get enough days in to qualify. Hell management here already started pvds and i am so unbelievably mad!
In my workday it already says I'm hired and FT but, I'll just try to prove my worth (again) and hope they keep me.

Ours starts Nov 1st. The company can start using PVDs and Seasonal employees. Why is there a difference in dates?

542thruNthru

I'm being hired as a 22.4 in California, is there a freeze period on gaining seniority here?
I am a former union member, worked in Stockton, CA on local sort, gained seniority, went to integrad, passed, left before I got a route, got my rehire status approved and have to attend integrad again in like 2 weeks.
You're in norcal supp like @Brown287

I took a quick look at your supp but didn't see anything about a free period. One thing that will make it obvious if you're just a seasonal or not is if they start a packet with you.

You can also contact your local and ask if there is a free period or not. (925)-228-2246

You're in norcal supp like @Brown287

I took a quick look at your supp but didn't see anything about a free period. One thing that will make it obvious if you're just a seasonal or not is if they start a packet with you.

You can also contact your local and ask if there is a free period or not. (925)-228-2246
Thank you, I ended up looking at the Norcal supp and all I read was that seasonal hires start November 1st. I will definitely get ahold of my local on Monday.

Johney

Ours starts Nov 1st. The company can start using PVDs and Seasonal employees. Why is there a difference in dates?
Oct. 15th-Jan. 15th here is peak/free period. Back in my RPCD days my route was the first to get a helper on Oct. 15th.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I just realized I never really paid attention to the updated contract, just mad about 22.4s I'm sure. seasonal period was rolled back to October 1. And days counted on packet continue through the period so you just had to be started in september.

explains why pvds are out so early and nobody blinked an eye.

It's also important to know that pvds, as the company wants to use them, are technically seasonal drivers in the contract language.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
What's this thread about
It's the start of threads of people saying they were hired fulltime in October ,then they get butthurt when told they are seasonal.

it'll progress to the OP saying we are all stupid and wrong because his center manager and Supe says he 's the greatest thing to ever happen to UPS since Jim Casey.
They just KNOW they will be made full time in January because of their awesomeness.

Then after Christmas they disappear and ae never heard of again.
This is always an entertaining time of the year