FT cover driver 95

I am a cover driver. I am never "scheduled" but I am expected to show up every morning and grab said DIAD. Therefore I am scheduled to do a route Monday thru Friday. Mgmt chooses to move me where they see fit. All routes pay the same, unless you are pulling a TP60.
They still use tp60? haven't seen one for years.

We dont even have a package car, with a hitch..anymore

PT Car Washer

We still drag around 2 tp60's every day even with the bad receiver problems that have come up, and that extra 7 cents an hour comes in real handy when I'm a little short the next week.
If you are that short on cash try picking up a few pop bottles while on route and cashing in the refund.

iowa boy

Im bidding that route! 8 cents an hour,would completely change my life style!

Its a real nice route. You get to your area 2 hours after you start at the building, deliver 60 or so stops in town, usually 25 or 30 rural routes in a 15 mile by 10 mile delivery area, have 10 pickups and have to be back to building by 715 so the air shuttle can leave.

The only stress on this route is towing the trailer to and from area.

CHALLY9TX

7-8-10 cents?!!! We get paid 25 cents extra an hour. Might be 35 cents now. It's wasn't that bad pulling one.

Sent using BrownCafe App

AKCoverMan

You are scheduled to cover a route for a week, yes? ..

No. Nobody in our center has a route all week unless they are the perm bid driver for that route. I am on the start list everyday because I have enough senority that I will be used every day but I don't know the route I will be on until PCM. Since I know most routes in the building it is not unusual for me to drive five routes in a week.

I think with the new language I should be able to be assigned to one route all week. We know 5-9 routes will need vacation coverage, and we know the week before which routes they are.

I just looked at my half way thru year pay stub and I am averaging 55 hours a week since Jan 1. Peak nev ends!

No. Nobody in our center has a route all week unless they are the perm bid driver for that route. I am on the start list everyday because I have enough senority that I will be used every day but I don't know the route I will be on until PCM. Since I know most routes in the building it is not unusual for me to drive five routes in a week.

I think with the new language I should be able to be assigned to one route all week. We know 5-9 routes will need vacation coverage, and we know the week before which routes they are.

I just looked at my half way thru year pay stub and I am averaging 55 hours a week since Jan 1. Peak nev ends!
Same here. Many times, I've left the building and had to swap routes with someone. The key is you are being "reassigned by the employer"

AKCoverMan

Same here. Many times, I've left the building and had to swap routes with someone. The key is you are being "reassigned by the employer"
Yes. I dread seeing ODS light pop on in first 15 min on road. Might be a on demand PU or might be dreaded "RETURN TO CENTER".