Full Time Driver in need of help or advice

Daniel Bryant

you're not really a 22.3 but it would be similar to the job you are performing.

But if you get laid off from driving more than one week you need to check if management told you. If not they violated the contract.
Second if there is a person more junior than you in ANY full time position such as 22.3 or the likes, you can displace them.
If you are doing a split morning/night shift you are paid the appropriate wages for the job you are performing. I would argue that I am performing a 22.3 inside/inside job, therefore i should be getting paid that rate of pay.

As a management person playing devil's advocate here, I could be wrong. If a resolution hasn't been found yet management is just not trying. A supervisor's job is not that hard, heck, business manager is not that hard. There are headaches here and there, but common sense should prevail in any case. This shouldn't be happening in the first place because it's not that hard to get someone to go home and take a layoff for the day. If they are overstaffed, well, that is just poor planning.

Nice to hear someone in management understand my side. The only notice I get if I ever drive, they send me a message through the board saying, preload 4am in morning. At this point I am basically a preloader/cover driver, the expect me to be on the sort with or without them telling me. Getting to drive like every other full time driver is a rare thing for me at this point. I could run 20 of the 30 routes we run out of our building, finding a home wouldn't be a issue, like I said earlie,r I've even told them I would go home without pay if I couldn't find one. I can't get any straight forward answers and have begged and pleaded for a explanation. All they tell me is they have too many extra and then end up needing me on the road after preload, so I know that's not the case. Also turning down drivers for off days, telling them they don't have enough people, blah blah blah. I just don't understand this crap I've been going through.

LiB

Nice to hear someone in management understand my side. The only notice I get if I ever drive, they send me a message through the board saying, preload 4am in morning. At this point I am basically a preloader/cover driver, the expect me to be on the sort with or without them telling me. Getting to drive like every other full time driver is a rare thing for me at this point. I could run 20 of the 30 routes we run out of our building, finding a home wouldn't be a issue, like I said earlie,r I've even told them I would go home without pay if I couldn't find one. I can't get any straight forward answers and have begged and pleaded for a explanation. All they tell me is they have too many extra and then end up needing me on the road after preload, so I know that's not the case. Also turning down drivers for off days, telling them they don't have enough people, blah blah blah. I just don't understand this crap I've been going through.

24 hours advance notice to change in start time, period. If you get that message after 4 in the morning, send them a message back saying this is not 24 hours notice, i will be showing up at my prescribed start time. At least, that's what i would do. Not exactly recommending it but that is, what should happen.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You are FT bid cover. You work the preload and metro to get your 8 hours. You are not laid off--there is not a route for you to run so you are working on the inside. They can't/won't give you 7 days notice because the staffing could change from day to day. That is the way FT bid cover works--you need to be flexible.

Written notice?
listen I know everywhere is different but the way I understand it is if they give u a posted start time for the week you go in at that start time and demand your 8. If your laid off for the week you double shift there should be no going back and forth depending on the day it should all be set up the Friday before the next week. Also please make sure you are not violating dot laws and taking off at least 10 hours after a days work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You are not laid off--to be laid off means you would be sitting on your butt on the couch watching TV. You are guaranteed 8 hours and they are giving you 8 hours, albeit not consecutively. That is the deal when you are a FT bid cover.
wow did you fall down the stupid tree today or what he is laid off from driving and goes back to his part time pay scale. When you look at the posted start times for the week it says LAID OFF next to his name. You never worked part time u came right in and started driving u obviously haven't been through this situation cause you have no clue what you talking about I know this may be hard to understand but you don't know everything. Please don't belittle people when u haven't a clue.

Buck Fifty

This is actually what I was thinking was my best bet. Tell them I'm just gonna take the lay off, there is no way they can make it happen with me being laid off, they have to use me too much. I have other ways to make money so it wouldn't be so bad, I'm thinking this is what I should do. Anyone took the lay off or have any knowledge of this?

This is your only leverage in your case. I would recommend this option. Take control back from them ! You Can Do It !!!

CAFAL

Being ft and the bottom of the list,you pretty much have to work as direct. If they are giving you your guaranteed 8 hours..as far as pay,i believe you are supposed to get your driving rate. You are full time. Get on your steward

DS

Fenderbender
I may be out of line,how about a talk with your center manager?
If indeed you are on their SH1t list he will let you know.