Full time progression 4 years?

JL 0513

If you give a funny rating (PT Car Washer) to a post that isn't funny, at least comment on what you think is funny. Just for curiosity sake.

PT Car Washer

If you give a funny rating (PT Car Washer) to a post that isn't funny, at least comment on what you think is funny. Just for curiosity sake.
A delivery driver with a strong back and a weak mind thinks he is entitled to a half million Dollar house and a million Dollar retirement account. I know it is doable, (sitting pretty myself) but is it realistic and sustainable?

JL 0513

A delivery driver with a strong back and a weak mind thinks he is entitled to a half million Dollar house and a million Dollar retirement account. I know it is doable, (sitting pretty myself) but is it realistic and sustainable?

Who said anything about entitlement? I'm more than thankful for what I make and I realize how good it is. Seems like you misconstrued everything I said.

The cost of the things I was discussing is just that. Talking about how much stuff costs. And that even good money can go really fast.

Right now, I'm planning on moving this year out of the city for my kids to have better schooling and a nice neighborhood to grow up in. $200K income and I'm still living in a lower income neighborhood. That's why I'm aware of how much homes are going for because I'm looking. I'm saying a $500K home is middle of the road here. Doesn't mean I'm saying I deserve it or whatever. Under $300K is a mediocre neighborhood, or a fixer-upper, or small.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Who said anything about entitlement? I'm more than thankful for what I make and I realize how good it is. Seems like you misconstrued everything I said.

The cost of the things I was discussing is just that. Talking about how much stuff costs. And that even good money can go really fast.

Right now, I'm planning on moving this year out of the city for my kids to have better schooling and a nice neighborhood to grow up in. $200K income and I'm still living in a lower income neighborhood. That's why I'm aware of how much homes are going for because I'm looking. I'm saying a $500K home is middle of the road here. Doesn't mean I'm saying I deserve it or whatever. Under $300K is a mediocre neighborhood, or a fixer-upper, or small.
My house was 207k and it's a good neighborhood and middle of the road house in retrospect, you must live on the east or west coast if 500k is middle of the road for houses.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
My house was 207k and it's a good neighborhood and middle of the road house in retrospect, you must live on the east or west coast if 500k is middle of the road for houses.
Also my house was brand new when I bought it in 2016, supposedly my neighbor down the street that had the same house as me just sold his for 246k not bad for sitting on it for 3 years and making 40k.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'd say planning on a million dollar retirement account is a lot more realistic and sustainable than counting on a pension ponzi payment that depends on future contributions in an industry facing massive automation.

Cheers!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
300k will get you a mansion here, as long as you don't mind wasting a whole lot of your life on a 30-45 minute commute.

Seems stupid to me, but a lot of people think otherwise around here.