Full timer not getting 40 hrs

JJwes

I'm a full timer with 12 yrs in UPS and 9 yrs in my center. On average I get 15 - 32 hrs a week. I go in every day ready for work and get sent home. What are my rights. I seem to have lost my contract.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Did you sign a contract? If so, you get 8 hours a day, no questions. If they wanna claim they dont need you, then claim your given right to work. You need hours, get hours, whatever it maybe. Cleaning bathrooms, charging or washing cars. It doesnt matter, no job is too gross or bad. Hours are hours, go get them. They want send you home, then bump someone.

fethrs

If there is enough work at your center they can't send you home. If you are not laid off you are gauranteed 8 hrs a day and if there are people with less seniority or part timers working more than you, you can file on it.
You can tell them you are going to file for unemployment too.

rocket man

I'm a full timer with 12 yrs in UPS and 9 yrs in my center. On average I get 15 - 32 hrs a week. I go in every day ready for work and get sent home. What are my rights. I seem to have lost my contract.
i asssume you dont no the contract? you must be a wuss you have rights but you dont appear to no how to use them? on the other hand 32 hours aweek is ok by me as long as a few of those hours are overtime. go in stand around till 0905 wait till everyone is pulling out then say iwant my 8 stay the whole day do your lunch but you hang till 6 pm easy money just dont chat on phone while you are hanging out, you write your grievance and contact your union say hi let them no who you are. talk to them about your (lost contract)

10yearteamster

My advice to you is become active in your local union. Stay informed and become passionate about your rights as an employee!

You are allowing them to short you whats yours. Talk to your shop steward or BA and tell them what you told us. They should actively fight this

rocket man

My advice to you is become active in your local union. Stay informed and become passionate about your rights as an employee!

You are allowing them to short you whats yours. Talk to your shop steward or BA and tell them what you told us. They should actively fight this
YOU BEST EXPLAIN WHAT (b a ) STANDS FOR I DOUBT HE KNOWS AND LOCAL IM SURE HE WILL NEED TO NO THAT TO

UPSGUY72

Unbelievable 12 year at UPS and you still have no clue..... You lost your contract because you never read it otherwise you would have put in a safe place so you have it to reference.

You must be the lowest person on your FT seniority list if they are sending you home.... If not demand your 8 hours and file a grievance..............

Look at the bulletin board at work with union stuff posted on it you should be able to find the Name of your BA ( Business Agent ) and there phone number. If not ask one of your brothers or sisters.

Last edited:

Steward773

If you're fulltime, when you show up for work you are guaranteed 8 hrs. Check the manning, if their is a lower senority driver working than you can bump him/her. If not, you should be given the option to bump part-timers to obtain your 8 hours.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This sounds like a buddy of mine. He has at least 10 drivers below him but only works 2-3 days a week on average. They call and say we don't need u today he says ok. Then complains about having no money and his house has been on the edge of foreclosure three times in 2 years. I'm all for a day off but when bills are overdue show up and demand your 8 Also shame on you for not knowing the contract better after 12 years although your not alone I know many senior drivers that have no clue what's in our contract.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
There are many people throughout this country that dont know or care whats in the contract. Many people I know in my center, those who are paying dues, have little knowledge of whats in the contract. Those with senority as well. I mention such things like article 36, and they have no clue what I'm talking about.

I, myself, need to read it. I only know some the essentials. Can I ask a shop steward for a copy? I would love to memorize it. The old one and new one, if I could.

Thanks , Thekid.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hey kid yes ask your steward for one chances are depending on what your stewards are like some hold onto them like gold but keep asking you will get one.

The Milkman

12 years and now you are finally asking questions?? What gives?? This is Basic stuff you should of know fairly soon after being hired friend/T...Sad that they have been crapping on you all this time and you let them get away with it :felloforit1: