Games played by management

Brokedownandbrown

A couple of months ago, division sent two on car sups to meeting and told them to improve numbers or will be looking for new job. Numbers never improved and their still around. Just another way to see if they could get drivers to save their beloved sups job. Sup comes in and states that his job is on the line and needs everybody to help, guess that did not work!

A couple of months division sent two on car sups to meeting and told them to improve numbers or will be looking for new job. Numbers never improved and their still around. Just another way to see if they could get drivers to save their beloved sups job. Sup comes in and states that his job is on the line and needs everybody to help, guess that did not work!
what's there to say be safe look sharp don't get cut.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
so in essence were all just one big dysfunctional family.

But definitely. And we should insist our parents NOT be in the country club lest they ruin our happy little home.
:devillangel:
Unfortunately, some good folks' jobs are being unduly threatened, and it's ALL originating at the highest level.
Truth, not conspiracy theory.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
UPS sure loves their scare-tactics, but crying wolf only works so many times

do your job to the best of your ability, fight for your job if they try to take it, and the rest is out of your hands

UnconTROLLed

perfection
But definitely. And we should insist our parents NOT be in the country club lest they ruin our happy little home.
:devillangel:
Unfortunately, some good folks' jobs are being unduly threatened, and it's ALL originating at the highest level.
Truth, not conspiracy theory.

If you work your lunches and breaks, perfect attendence, have zero misloads, no late airs, flawless pickup compliance, never stand up for yourself when violated; you CAN make it through a career at UPS without being unduly threatened in some cases. I firmly believe it.

What fun is that, though? :D

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you work your lunches and breaks, perfect attendence, have zero misloads, no late airs, flawless pickup compliance, never stand up for yourself when violated; you CAN make it through a career at UPS without being unduly threatened in some cases. I firmly believe it.

The better option is to be familiar with your contract and involved enough with your local union that you can tell the difference between legitimate threats and empty rhetoric.

I know what I can get fired for, and I know what I cant get fired for. If I am doing the job safely and to the best of my ability, following the proscribed methods, and being rigorously honest and ethical....I have nothing to fear. And when the petty harassment and pathetic attempts at intimidation do come my way, I can see them for what they really are and not let them bother me.

Fearful people make stupid decisions. I can make smart decisions and be a better, safer and more productive employee because I dont have to be afraid.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
The better option is to be familiar with your contract and involved enough with your local union that you can tell the difference between legitimate threats and empty rhetoric.

I know what I can get fired for, and I know what I cant get fired for. If I am doing the job safely and to the best of my ability, following the proscribed methods, and being rigorously honest and ethical....I have nothing to fear. And when the petty harassment and pathetic attempts at intimidation do come my way, I can see them for what they really are and not let them bother me.

Fearful people make stupid decisions. I can make smart decisions and be a better, safer and more productive employee because I don't have to be afraid.

+1

I know it's been said before and most of you will never understand it until you do it, but, The methods and the contract will set you free. I assure you that the better you know the both of them, the less stress will be involved in your life.

Omega man

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

It is much more fun to fight UPS.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
i follow the methods but are they the trump card over contractual language?

Probably the most critical part of the contract...from the standpoint of job security.....is the part where it says you have to work as instructed.

If the contract language is being violated then there is a grievance procedure to deal with it....but in the meanwhile you have to follow instructions unless you are being told to do something that is unsafe.

Working as instructed and following the methods means that when their "plan" doesnt work and the wheels are coming off and the sparks start flying...it isnt your problem.

rod

Retired 22 years
Probably the most critical part of the contract...from the standpoint of job security.....is the part where it says you have to work as instructed.

If the contract language is being violated then there is a grievance procedure to deal with it....but in the meanwhile you have to follow instructions unless you are being told to do something that is unsafe.

Working as instructed and following the methods means that when their "plan" doesnt work and the wheels are coming off and the sparks start flying...it isnt your problem.

The Union always told us that "UPS management has the right to run their company into the ground if they want to". Sad - but true.

The Union always told us that "UPS management has the right to run their company into the ground if they want to". Sad - but true.
+1,000,000,