Gated yard parcel box ideas

qdg2

Say, isn't "Life after brown" still on BC? The same thing you, the arbiter of the moment, judged retireds for?
It is fact. My attitudes have changed. Pretty angry then(as you are now). My life is different. I'm different. Whether you believe it or no.

Arbiter? Naw, I just want to talk about parcel boxes. I believe in redemption. If you would like to talk about that.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Oh, I'm relaxed...just working on dirt bike projects....a little swimming....lunch.

It would be a lot more relaxing on BC if I wasn't personally attacked at every turn(also known as bullying). As if some folks feel they are some sort of arbiter.....

And here we go....shrug.

It is fascinating how this thread is about parcel boxes and fences.....yet.......

You have a guy that wants to ignore the thread yet doesn't have anything to say except attack the author.

It's not ok to defend myself......yet ok to be attacked. BTW, isn't this thread in "Life After Brown"? Where does a retired guy go?
It’s random people on the internet, that may or not be employees of brown. I wouldn’t take it so seriously. I can’t wait to gtfo of here… my last contract, if it ever gets done.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Actually, Amazon has a message on their drivers delivery devices to not drive in my driveway. This has been confirmed by the drivers. Most say "oh, I just saw it...." meaning they don't pay attention to much of anything. Which is obvious watching them deliver. I won't try to explain what talking to customer service was like. They could care less if they rut your yard, break a sprinkler head or mark your driveway with 12 point turns.

BTW, I shouldn't have to solve anything......my driveway is my personal property and I didn't invite anyone to drive on it. Period. Private property. BTW.....the "problem" is "solved".

Sorry bub but you’re wrong again
When you order something you are inviting somebody onto your property to deliver it

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You mean like when he said...

This is how he retired...remind you of anyone?
IMG_6863.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We just installed an automatic gate and fence for our front yard. We've ordered a poly parcel box to mount on the INSIDE of the fence. I've seen stickers that say "parcels" or UPS/Fed-Ex/Amazon packages here etc.

Plan is to make the top/lid level with the top rail of the fence for easy deposit. Anyone experience this as a delivery person or homeowner?

BTW, we installed the fence to keep out solicitors and the Amazon folks. Even with a National complaint....Amazon stills pulls down my driveway and makes 12 point turns to leave or simply backs into the grass. We live on a secluded cul-de-sac in a semi-country setting. A few weeks ago our vehicle was pilfered(yes, it was unlocked)(found a change wallet in the yard). Sheriff has a good idea that it is a very local, even a neighbor kid doing it.....cars only. BTW, the hope is he's caught before he gets shot(a very real possibility around here). They have video surveillance of a hooded thief but not a clear face. Cameras being installed.....here.
Tip the driver that leaves the delivery inside the box. Do that and you never have a problem.

qdg2

I saw the Amazon guy making deliveries going to dinner last evening. I intercepted my parcel box pkg and told him of the plan. He said "Better have them make a note in the system because a lot of drivers won't see the box or simply ignore it." He kinda shook his head and laughed(as in "dumbasses").

BTW, he never verified my identity......he did seem very busy and a little harried.....looked pretty empty in that van.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I saw the Amazon guy making deliveries going to dinner last evening. I intercepted my parcel box pkg and told him of the plan. He said "Better have them make a note in the system because a lot of drivers won't see the box or simply ignore it." He kinda shook his head and laughed(as in "dumbasses").

BTW, he never verified my identity......he did seem very busy and a little harried.....looked pretty empty in that van.
Any customer who lives in a split route area, you get different runner-gunner every day. Diad notes won't work, you need a sign up near delivery point.

qdg2

Update:

Had 2 deliveries since Sunday(when the box was installed).....both UPS and in the box. Although yesterday's del. didn't close the lid all the way.....Amazon happened to be delivering as I pulled into the driveway, he acknowledged the box and said sure. He sure looked hot and sweaty.....our heat index at that moment was 111 degrees....

BTW, Amazon makes 10 to 1(vs. UPS) deliveries on our cul-de-sac and the general area.........something to consider as Teamsters aim to make UPS the highest cost delivery service in the USA......world?

qdg2

When you order something you are inviting somebody onto your property to deliver it
Sorry dud,

Doesn't green light anything goes.

They don't have the invitation to do whatever they want up to and including destroying my property.

You can take it up the poop chute(considering deliveries). I don't have to .

Say, does a fence uninvite?

DriverNerd

I agree that's true, but that doesn't give you an out if you destroy personal property (and I'm not talking driving slightly on someone's grass or putting too much weight on someone's driveway - I mean actual property damage). It certainly gives you legal protection against dog attacks and threatening action from the homeowner.

qdg2

I agree that's true, but that doesn't give you an out if you destroy personal property (and I'm not talking driving slightly on someone's grass or putting too much weight on someone's driveway - I mean actual property damage). It certainly gives you legal protection against dog attacks and threatening action from the homeowner.
Define slightly and too much.
So, if you post no delivery drivers driving on my driveway.....they can do it anyway?

DriverNerd

Define slightly and too much.
So, if you post no delivery drivers driving on my driveway.....they can do it anyway?
By slightly I mean turning around but not being able to stay completely on driveway and going off the edge with a tire, etc. Certainly not driving through the grass.

And no, a sign saying stay off means just that.

*Edit: I'd say you'd be inviting a truck onto your property if the goods were too large to move by hand (furniture, etc), though I think that also depends on the length of the driveway.

Last edited:

qdg2

By slightly I mean turning around but not being able to stay completely on driveway and going off the edge with a tire, etc. Certainly not driving through the grass.

And no, a sign saying stay off means just that.

*Edit: I'd say you'd be inviting a truck onto your property if the goods were too large to move by hand (furniture, etc), though I think that also depends on the length of the driveway.
You don't have the right to slightly do anything.