Generic FedEx Trucks?

MassWineGuy

While driving the other day I saw a FedEx truck, maybe a 700 or smaller. It had the standard FedEx logo, but neither “Ground” nor “Express” were visible.

Is this some prototype of what vehicles will all look like in the future?

SmithBarney

One of my regions had a "mobile" mechanic that used a decomissioned 700 for a mechanic duties. He was a floater that would move between stations and "fix" issues.(usually issues regarding local mechanic not up to par)

AB831

One of my regions had a "mobile" mechanic that used a decomissioned 700 for a mechanic duties. He was a floater that would move between stations and "fix" issues.(usually issues regarding local mechanic not up to par)
One of the most astonishing aspects of working at FedEx was what a terrible job the mechanics did and how they were never held accountable for any of it.

whenIgetthere

One of the most astonishing aspects of working at FedEx was what a terrible job the mechanics did and how they were never held accountable for any of it.
Never had a problem with the mechanic at my last station. if you wrote it up, he fixed it. Even small scratches, he fixed as soon as he was made aware of them. Any problems with him were usually due to the fact that he wasn't allowed to keep some parts on location, wiper blades for instance.

AB831

Never had a problem with the mechanic at my last station. if you wrote it up, he fixed it. Even small scratches, he fixed as soon as he was made aware of them. Any problems with him were usually due to the fact that he wasn't allowed to keep some parts on location, wiper blades for instance.
Wow, really? The mechanics at my station ignored everything. They wouldn’t even sign off on the VIRs, but they’d go cry to management to get you to stop writing things up every day.

McFeely

Huge Member
Really? I quit about a month after our station got LEO. We still used the paper VIPs.

A manager or the vmx has to sign off on anything written up in the electronic VIR before a truck can be driven again. This isn’t exactly the same as “things get addressed” but the issues at least have to be acknowledged.

AB831

A manager or the vmx has to sign off on anything written up in the electronic VIR before a truck can be driven again. This isn’t exactly the same as “things get addressed” but the issues at least have to be acknowledged.
Well, we all know that the managers have no problem ignoring protocol when protocol involves responsibility for them.

bacha29

Sounds like you had a run in with the real and long standing Fedex maintenance protocol....."Don't fix it when it's broke....Fix it when it quits running".

Star B

White Lightening
Wow, really? The mechanics at my station ignored everything. They wouldn’t even sign off on the VIRs, but they’d go cry to management to get you to stop writing things up every day.
Well, if they didn't sign off on it, you didn't drive it. Right?