Found Unusual Job Posting For Fedex

Guitarman01

Anyone seen something like this before? Thats a higher starting pay rate then Express topped off.
Contingency FedEx Delivery Driver $250 a day PLUS daily $100 housing incentive

Benefits
Pulled from the full job description​

• Company truck
  • Fuel card
  • Paid housing

Full job description​

We are looking to hire CURRENT FEDEX GROUND DELIVERY DRIVERS for our CONTINGENCY TEAM.
MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL AND LIVE IN CITIES THROUGHOUT THE US.
Job Title: Contingency
Delivery Driver
Position Type: Full Time/ Contract
Role specifics:

• MUST HAVE FEDEX DELIVERY EXPERIENCE
  • MUST BE A CURRENT FEDEX DRIVER
  • Handle and deliver safely and timely packages from the warehouse to Assigned Routes.
  • Pickup packages in designated pick up window.
  • Maintain proper service requirements
  • Properly code all packages
  • Be willing to travel and live in other cities within Colorado
  • Must be willing to work SIX DAYS a week.
  • Must be a team player, help out as needed.
  • Safely operate and navigate commercial vehicles in all weather conditions.
  • Properly use the provided hand-held device to record all activity for the day.
  • Use a wide range of apps and devices.
Eligibility criteria:
  • Must be 21 years or older.
  • Must be Legal to work in the US.
  • High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
  • Required to have 1-year of commercial driving experience in the last 5 years OR 3 years of verifiable Job-related driving experience in the last 10 years.
  • Must be able to pass DOT physical, drug screen, and background check.
  • Must have a clean driving record (MVR).
Job Types: Contract, Temporary
Pay: $1250 - $1500 per week
Benefits:
  • Paid housing
  • Benefits
  • $200 travel credit payable after 90 days
Schedule:
  • 10 hour shift
  • 8 hour shift
  • Day shift
  • No nights
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: $250.00 - $300.00 per day
Benefits:
  • Company truck
  • Fuel card
Day range:
  • Every weekend
  • Monday to Friday
Experience level:
  • 1 year
  • 2 years
Shift:
  • 10 hour shift
  • 12 hour shift
  • 8 hour shift
  • Day shift
  • No nights
Application Question(s):
  • Are you willing to get the job done everyday no matter the circumstances? Weather, time etc.?
  • Are you willing to travel?
  • Are you currently a FedEx Ground Driver?
Experience:
  • FedEx delivery: 1 year (Required)
  • driving in snow: 1 year (Required)
Shift availability:
  • Day Shift (Required)
Willingness to travel:
  • 100% (Required)
Work Location: On the road

It will be fine

It’s very common. FedEx will pay contingency contractors 2 to 3 times normal rates to clean up the messes they cause by shorting regular contractors.

Anyone seen something like this before? Thats a higher starting pay rate then Express topped off.
Contingency FedEx Delivery Driver $250 a day PLUS daily $100 housing incentive

Benefits
Pulled from the full job description​

• Company truck
  • Fuel card
  • Paid housing

Full job description​

We are looking to hire CURRENT FEDEX GROUND DELIVERY DRIVERS for our CONTINGENCY TEAM.
MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL AND LIVE IN CITIES THROUGHOUT THE US.
Job Title: Contingency
Delivery Driver
Position Type: Full Time/ Contract
Role specifics:

• MUST HAVE FEDEX DELIVERY EXPERIENCE
  • MUST BE A CURRENT FEDEX DRIVER
  • Handle and deliver safely and timely packages from the warehouse to Assigned Routes.
  • Pickup packages in designated pick up window.
  • Maintain proper service requirements
  • Properly code all packages
  • Be willing to travel and live in other cities within Colorado
  • Must be willing to work SIX DAYS a week.
  • Must be a team player, help out as needed.
  • Safely operate and navigate commercial vehicles in all weather conditions.
  • Properly use the provided hand-held device to record all activity for the day.
  • Use a wide range of apps and devices.
Eligibility criteria:
  • Must be 21 years or older.
  • Must be Legal to work in the US.
  • High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
  • Required to have 1-year of commercial driving experience in the last 5 years OR 3 years of verifiable Job-related driving experience in the last 10 years.
  • Must be able to pass DOT physical, drug screen, and background check.
  • Must have a clean driving record (MVR).
Job Types: Contract, Temporary
Pay: $1250 - $1500 per week
Benefits:
  • Paid housing
  • Benefits
  • $200 travel credit payable after 90 days
Schedule:
  • 10 hour shift
  • 8 hour shift
  • Day shift
  • No nights
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: $250.00 - $300.00 per day
Benefits:
  • Company truck
  • Fuel card
Day range:
  • Every weekend
  • Monday to Friday
Experience level:
  • 1 year
  • 2 years
Shift:
  • 10 hour shift
  • 12 hour shift
  • 8 hour shift
  • Day shift
  • No nights
Application Question(s):
  • Are you willing to get the job done everyday no matter the circumstances? Weather, time etc.?
  • Are you willing to travel?
  • Are you currently a FedEx Ground Driver?
Experience:
  • FedEx delivery: 1 year (Required)
  • driving in snow: 1 year (Required)
Shift availability:
  • Day Shift (Required)
Willingness to travel:
  • 100% (Required)
Work Location: On the road
The still way below what a UPS driver will make

Hax

Nobody cares. This is well above what a starting UPS driver will make.
The post isn't asking for a starting FedEx driver though. If you want to compare the two, look at a UPS driver that's two years in. I believe they make $24/hr. This guy wants you to work 6 day per week with 8-10 (?) hour shifts for $1,500. 6 8 hour shifts at UPS is $1,248, 6 10's is $1,680 + benefits + you don't have to uproot your life + much better job security.

bacha29

Ground unable to find slave labor in Colorado.
Notice the key word.....Temporary. So what they want is for active and qualified drivers in good standing to leave their current contractor and go to work for this operator.
But for how long? You don't know if you're going to be there 2 years, 2 months or 2 weeks..... Then what? You've abruptly got up and walked off from your current contractor.....Do you really think he's going to take you back knowing that you could do it to him again?

And that $100 housing INCENTIVE!. Where out there in high living cost Colorado are you going to find a decent hotel and meals for 100 a day and given how it's worded you don't know what you have to do to qualify for that so called "incentive"

Is this what it's come down to at FDX Ground? Mercenary contractors stealing qualified help from domiciled contractors whose fate is decided by the number of transients and day laborers who show up in the morning. .

Nobody cares. This is well above what a starting UPS driver will make.
Asking for experienced drivers. If a 4-year fedex driver applied then apples to apples says I'd make $3,100+ if I worked 6 - 10s. Plus Cadillac health insurance and $800+ paid into my pension. :censored2:, it says up to $300 a day? I make more than that if I call in.

People care.

Mutineer

It’s very common. FedEx will pay contingency contractors 2 to 3 times normal rates to clean up the messes they cause by shorting regular contractors.

It boggles my mind the mental contortions required for the great, ponderous heads at FedEx to continue this practice when the solution is waaay cheaper, and sooo simple: pay the contractor of the problem area a reasonable settlement.

I must be missing something.

Mutineer

Ground unable to find slave labor in Colorado.

It will not surprise me if in the near future FedEx's hand-held devices will have the ability to be prompted in Spanish.

Preceded by an executive order to grant driver's licenses for the so-called 'labor shortage.'

Problem solved.

An endless supply of disposable stooge labor is here, ready, and waiting.

zeev

It boggles my mind the mental contortions required for the great, ponderous heads at FedEx to continue this practice when the solution is waaay cheaper, and sooo simple: pay the contractor of the problem area a reasonable settlement.

zeev

Now you are going to add Express on trucks when you don’t have drivers to deliver Ground,sounds like a plan, just saw some more Ground trucks for sale in my area. Freddy trying to squeeze short term profits while ignoring the long term results, filling up the cash bags and leaving town. The party is over.

It will be fine

There are entire areas that FedEx has screwed up so badly there are hardly any regular contractors left. Contingency teams come in paying double for drivers and nobody works for the regular contractors. Regular contractors fold up creating the need for more contingency. They can’t even give the contracts away because the labor rates are so messed up.

It’s the direct result of believing the “engineers” that set the compensation rates. Nerds that never leave their desk that can’t admit they’re wrong ever.