Georgia Governor Kemp Is Catching Hell for Re-opening

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Georgia governor announces phase one of reopening businesses - April 20, 2020.
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp announced the first phase of reopening businesses in the state. Kemp said the shelter-in-place order will remain in effect through April 30.

Gyms, fitness centers, bowling alleys, body art studios, barbers, cosmetologists, hair designers, nail care artists, estheticians and their schools, and massage therapists can reopen on Friday, April 24, Kemp said.
However, the governor made an important note that the businesses allowed to reopen would not be back to "business as usual."
"These entities will be subject to specific restrictions including adherence to the minimal basic operations, social distancing and regular sanitation," the governor said.

Kemp said the minimal basic operations include, but are not limited to:
  • screening workers for fever and respiratory illness
  • enhancing workplace sanitation
  • wearing gloves and masks if appropriate
  • separating workspaces by at least six feet
  • teleworking where at all possible
  • implementing staggered shifts
From Facebook: If YOU think we are ready to open the state back up because of your “rights” or “freedom,” you are sorely mistaken! YOU clearly haven’t witnessed the amounts of human beings dying or on the brink of death. I will gladly let you walk a day in my shoes and let you SEE and FEEL how haunting my job has become. When literally, my EYES, may be the last thing a patient may see bc everything else is covered. Your hair can WAIT. Your nails can WAIT. Your project can WAIT. Your (insert) can WAIT. I work at the busiest hospital in the STATE of Georgia and I can assure you this, our resources are growing slim....

Stab in nurses back.jpg

Box Ox

I give it two weeks then he’ll lock everything back down again.

Yep. Hope the reopen protest dummies running around in the streets without masks on will appreciate the lockdown extensions they caused.

I'm all for reopening sooner rather than later. But for God's sake, at least try to do it intelligently or this thing is just gonna go on and on.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The findings suggest the fatality rate may be much lower than previously thought. But although the virus may be more widespread, the infection rate still falls far short of herd immunity that, absent a vaccine, would be key to return to normal life.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It will be interesting. Maybe let the virus burn thru quickly and let the chips fall where they may. hearing tones of stories of people having just mild symptoms for a week or so and then feeling okay. Only antibody tests would show who has had it and recovered. This is a strange virus. Hitting some people hard and some people not so bad and some people not even knowing they had it.

We both had a slight fever , aches, shortness of breath , coughing that lasted a day and then disappeared. then it happened again about 10 days later. Felt like I was dying but the next morning felt fine.

Only a test would tell. Could have been a slight flu.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It will be interesting. Maybe let the virus burn thru quickly and let the chips fall where they may. hearing tones of stories of people having just mild symptoms for a week or so and then feeling okay. Only antibody tests would show who has had it and recovered. This is a strange virus.
Hitting some people hard and some people not so bad and
some people not even knowing they had it.

We both had a slight fever , aches, shortness of breath , coughing that lasted a day and then disappeared. then it happened again about 10 days later. Felt like I was dying but the next morning felt fine.

Only a test would tell. Could have been a slight flu.
This is apparently the largest group of people with the virus and also the most dangerous to the susceptible people.