Germany to shut all nuclear reactors, a move North America should follow ?

Should we follow Germany ?

• Total voters

klein

Für Meno :)
Impressive ! Savings of $16 Million in 30 years (lifespan of the solar cells) at the San Clemente Villas by the Sea in California !

And now the Germans will even develope better and more effecient panels, because they'll soon have them all over the country and will need them.

klein

I'm disapointed, I'm the only person that has voted for alternative green energy, but it shouldn't surprise me, because many US States don't even have a recycle program in place for empty bottles, cans, juice boxes, and milk jugs/cartons. Here it's 10 cents for a can, and 20 cents for larger packaging.

Oh well, I guess it's unique not to follow the new modern world, and stay as conservative as you can.

klein

Nope, Florida and Texas don't !
I seen the bottles there, only a few states will charge and return a deposit for beverage packaging.

klein

Recycling and charging deposit are 2 different things.
Yes, I could throw them in our "blue box" recycle bin, but that would be wasted money.
I use the blue box for food cans, newspapers, flyers, glass jars, carboard, plastics, and more.

With beverage containers, I get about $15 per garbage bag full of them at one of hundreds of bottle recycle depots thru out the city.
Like I said 10 cents per each can, and 20 cents for mostly anything larger, like a 2 liter coke, or a 2 ltr milk carton. I believe it's 30 cents for a milk jug.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
You better google that one ! Germany is the most technology advanced country on the planet !

Are you blowing smoke again or is it just Likor overdose? Where you do get this stuff from? Is there some expert agency that ranks countries as the most "technology advanced country on the planet"? Please show this awesome website...

klein

Are you blowing smoke again or is it just Likor overdose? Where you do get this stuff from? Is there some expert agency that ranks countries as the most "technology advanced country on the planet"? Please show this awesome website...

Jump to: navigation, search
Germany's achievements in science and technology have been significant and research and development efforts form an integral part of the country's economy. Germany has been the home of some of the most prominent researchers in various scientific disciplines, notably physics, mathematics, chemistry and engineering.[1] For most of the 20th century, Germany had more Nobel Prizes in the sciences (physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine) than any other nation.[2][3]
Scientific research in the country is supported by industry, by the network of German universities and by scientific state-institutions such as the Max Planck Society and the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft. The raw output of scientific research from Germany consistently ranks among the world's best.

The Federal Republic of Germany leads the world in many ways with regards to engineering excellence. Ever since the birth of industrialisation the nation of Germany has been an innovative force in these areas, and many goods bear the 'made in Germany' logo. As a whole, products that are made in Germany have a good reputation of being well designed and of good quality. Germany has also led the world through the design of great transportation infrastructures all over the country. A well established high speed train network and the fantastic autobahn (motorway) network are great examples of German functionality through design and practical engineering excellence.

Germany is the world's top exporter with 1.133 trillion American dollars exported out of the nation in 2006 alone. Most of these products are in engineering, and a few industries in particular take more than their share of the market. Germany is the world leading producer of many environmental technology products including wind turbines and solar power technology. This is an industry which is sure to expand in the future and give the German engineering sector an even larger share of the worldwide pie. Other leading engineering fields in Germany are to do with automobiles, metals, chemical goods and machinery of various forms and functions.

Germany is famous for many things, both natural and man made. The entire engineering and technology industries - especially those related to transportation - have a fantastic role to play in the economy and culture of Germany. There seems to just be something about the German people that makes them good at making things, and at making them well.

P

pickup

yve a fantastic role to play in the economy and culture of Germany. There seems to just be something about the German people that makes them good at making things, and at making them well.[/QUOTE]

Germany's other great contribution to the sciences : all the Jewish scientists forced to leave Germany during the Nazi era: Klein, are your calculations counting Einstein's and Haber's nobel prizes as belonging to Germany? In Einstein's case, he developed relativity not because of German teaching and schools, but in spite of it.

Many Jewish people now left the country. This included a large number of scientists including Albert Einstein, Edward Teller, Otto Frisch, Felix Bloch, Eugene Wigner, Leo Szilard, Lise Meitner, Otto Meyerhof, and Fritz Haber. Most of these scientists went to live in Britain and the United States and later played an important role in developing technology that was used against Nazi Germany in the Second World War.

P

pickup

I'm disapointed, I'm the only person that has voted for alternative green energy, but it shouldn't surprise me, because many US States don't even have a recycle program in place for empty bottles, cans, juice boxes, and milk jugs/cartons. Here it's 10 cents for a can, and 20 cents for larger packaging.

Oh well, I guess it's unique not to follow the new modern world, and stay as conservative as you can.

So disappointed are you? Next time don't start a poll if you are going to be so emotionally upset over the results.

klein

I don't think this poll would have had the same outcome if someone else would have posted it.

The result just doesn't make sense.