Glen Beck at DHL home

airbusfxr

Wednesday Glenn Beck will be at the former DHL home in Wilmington Ohio. Last year Rachel Ray provided food and help for the DLH refugees left behind from the devistation of the failure of DHL. I have it set on DVR as I did the RR show. Airborne was a great place that many of our UPSers ended up after the transistion. In the end SDF or MEM could have been gutted if DHL had been successful. It was either us or them and we provided better customer service, in the air and on the ground. I wonder what he has up his sleeve for the show but we shall see.

moreluck

golden ticket member
From his site.....

Attend a Historic Radio Broadcast from

Wilmington, OH

On December 15th, Glenn will be broadcasting his national radio program LIVE from the Murphy Theater in Wilmington, OH. This special show will kick off "America's First Christmas", a night where Glenn will bring us back to the true meaning of Christmas as he encourages us to start over, reset our priorities, and reconnect with what is important. Witness the fusion of entertainment and enlightenment as Glenn, Stu, and Pat fill three hours of national radio with irreverent humor, insightful commentary, and heartwarming personal stories. Be a part of this historic broadcast in Wilmington, OH for $125. Limited quantities available. All guests must be seated by 8:45am, doors open at 8:00am.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The demise of Wilmington, OH, should remind all civic leaders not to put all of their eggs in to one basket. There were many families in which both spouses worked for DHL. Sad.

over9five

Staff member
I'm guessing Beck doesn't keep the $125, it probably goes to help those people you cheap bunch of humbugs.

You probably didn't put anything in the Toys for Tots box either...

Nimnim

The Nim
I'm guessing Beck doesn't keep the $125, it probably goes to help those people you cheap bunch of humbugs.

You probably didn't put anything in the Toys for Tots box either...

Humbug? I prefer miser.

Just call me Snow Miser.

[video=youtube;8mw-1ehsuJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mw-1ehsuJM&feature=related[/video]

JustTired

free at last.......
Maybe John Boehner will be there and they can both sit on stage and cry a river.

I do sympathize with the plight of those workers. But, I would be more apt to pay $125 to not see Glen Beck (The greatest huckster of the 21st century so far). He's all about the money (ala Sarah Palin).

TheDick

60min did a follow up on these guys long after DHL kicked the bucket in that town. I remember the mayor was trying to get the big comp back into the gigantic wherehouses that makes up most of the town. It looked like a company town. Narrow vision on the part of the mayor. Glen will probably bag on unions and ask big corp. to come back to the town.
Snoozer. and at 125$ ? Shut the front door!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nowhere does it say he's there to rag on unions or anything to do with DHL.....it said the topic is the true meaning of Christmas......unless Joseph's carpenter's union is going to get ragged on.....or the delivery industry started with Mary.....I don't see why everyone is so hostile.

People who want to hear what he says will pay the admission....don't want to hear, don't go.

As for him being a money grubbing slime....."All net proceeds from both events will be going to local non-profits in Wilmington, OH"

moreluck

golden ticket member
I haven't watched Glen Beck in months, but I watched it today to see what kind of lies he was spreading now.

His show was on the real meaning of Christmas.....about family and gifts from the heart. He mentioned when books used to be a great gift. He said the Narnia series was good reading for the children.

He gave a bag of 'his favorite things' to all the audience members and served them cocoa.

He mentioned how stories around the dinner table were so important when he was a kid and that kids actually sat and listened to the adults tell stories

He said Christmas is not about materialism...it's about giving, not receiving.

He talked about things that are special about Christmas and things that can change your life.

Yes, he was really spewing the vile and poisoning American air waves...shame on him! :knockedout:

JustTired

free at last.......
I haven't watched Glen Beck in months, but I watched it today to see what kind of lies he was spreading now.

His show was on the real meaning of Christmas.....about family and gifts from the heart. He mentioned when books used to be a great gift. He said the Narnia series was good reading for the children.

He gave a bag of 'his favorite things' to all the audience members and served them cocoa.

He mentioned how stories around the dinner table were so important when he was a kid and that kids actually sat and listened to the adults tell stories

He said Christmas is not about materialism...it's about giving, not receiving.

He talked about things that are special about Christmas and things that can change your life.

Yes, he was really spewing the vile and poisoning American air waves...shame on him! :knockedout:

I have no doubt that he said these things. My problem would be the sincerity of the words. Personally, I think the guy will say anything that he thinks people want to hear. True or not. Not that he is alone in that respect.

I didn't notice in your post.....but did he happen to mention the birth of Christ? Now, that is the true meaning of Christmas. I'm still trying to figure out how Santa took over as the main figure. I guess there's more money to be made with Santa than Christ!

wkmac

Christmas means different things to different people. For christians obviously the birth of Christ is central, but for a lot of people it's just sort of a winter holiday with a tradition of gift giving. For me it's a paid day off after a month of hard work and a chance for a nice family get together. I guess Glen Beck sees it as an opportunity for some more self promotion.

What I'm hearing is you'll get the paid day but no time off. I would say how I truly feel about that but then you'd have to put on your mod hat and get out the eraser!
:wink2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What I'm hearing is you'll get the paid day but no time off. I would say how I truly feel about that but then you'd have to put on your mod hat and get out the eraser!
:wink2:
Well, I'm pretty much guaranteed to get Monday off, barring anything too crazy happening (like a blizzard on Friday...)