Going for interview

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
no beard if you are to go on the road ,neatly trimmed mustache ok, no hair below the collar inside work,
[load,unload ] it's ok!! good luck with interview woodsy:thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

trickpony1

You didn't mention what job you are interviewing for.
If it's part-time work there are no rules regarding facial hair.
If it's a job where you will be meeting the public then beards aren't allowed.

sheldon1000

I'm going for package handler. I was also wondering what chance I have of getting the job. I'm going for the 3ish to 8ish am shift. I' m a 27 year old veteran. I'm also going to college and I am a pilot working on my advanced licenses. Does it sound like I'm someone UPS might hire?

aspenleaf

I'm going for package handler. I was also wondering what chance I have of getting the job. I'm going for the 3ish to 8ish am shift. I' m a 27 year old veteran. I'm also going to college and I am a pilot working on my advanced licenses. Does it sound like I'm someone UPS might hire?

Yes! As long as you are willing to work hard they will hire you. You will be on the sunrise/ preload shift. There are various jobs during that sort and as long as you can work M-friend those hours you will be fine.

Good luck. You beard should be fine for package handler. If you want to be a sup at some point you will have to lose it (at least the sups in my building have to be clean shaven).

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You sound like you are too qualified........good luck on the interview, UPS has a Tuition Reimbursement Program also!

canon

That alone is a big plus to UPS. I've heard for advancement in management you need either college or military experience. I've even seen military retirees getting hired as package handlers.

Are you going for commercial pilots license to fly for ups? I had a couple lessons long time ago, but it really isn't for me.

And thanks for your service.