going pt from ft

blackbear67

Does anyone know of any ft drivers going back pt and keeping their rate? I know of ft drivers bidding back on ft preload. In my ctr we have a pt preload and I have been told you can't go back pt. I have arthritis in my knees and the driving is killing them. They said I have to quit and start over, but I don't want to lose my time and rate and I need the health ins.:dissapointed:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

You cannot go back to P/T... I have never heard of that.. Does your local have a bid?...there's probably combo jobs that are a bit easier on the body. Go see your own doctor and let him know you have a medical condition at least.
There's a FT Preload here at Local 25.
How about shifter, or feeders? Barely lift a finger and you can nap in the yard :whiteflag:

Overpaid Union Thug

The only way to go back inside is to be disqualified from driving. Whether it be medical reasons or something else. We've had a couple of drivers over the years do that. One of them worked "hours only" on the preload.

Big Babooba

You cannot go back to P/T... I have never heard of that.. Does your local have a bid?...there's probably combo jobs that are a bit easier on the body. Go see your own doctor and let him know you have a medical condition at least.
There's a FT Preload here at Local 25.
How about shifter, or feeders? Barely lift a finger and you can nap in the yard :whiteflag:
It is nice to have a friend/T Preload. A driver who is disqualified or wants out of driving has something to fall back on and stay at full rate. Unfortunately, from what I've been told, there are only two full time preloads in the company. I think a combo job would be the next best thing.

blackbear67

We don't have any combo jobs in our ctr. There are 2 ctrs close to me that have ft preload and feeders, but I didn't think I can transfer either.I have reports from my doctor, but he didn't say anything about surgery yet.:sad-little:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

We don't have any combo jobs in our ctr. There are 2 ctrs close to me that have ft preload and feeders, but I didn't think I can transfer either.I have reports from my doctor, but he didn't say anything about surgery yet.:sad-little:

There's no bidding at your building? It's bi-annual here, has been annual for many years though. Everywhere's different of course.