Golf cart routes

dgtldgls

New to posting here, hopefully this is the right place for it.

I was a seasonal helper two years ago and am looking to do it again this year. I was put on a golf cart in subdivision close to my home and I really enjoyed it.

Two things that I've been wondering, do we know if those golf cart routes are increasing/decreasing/steady and, if anyone here is from JAX FL, how many neighborhood routes are there?

Heard there wasn’t gonna be any golf cart routes out of my center this year. But they said they will be hiring a bunch of driver helpers and also PVD’s (personal vehicle delivery’s). Could be different in other places tho

MattM

Let’s just say, you got lucky. Golf routes are usually reserved for high seniority PT workers around my way. In the contraCt, they have a very specific time frame for usage. Odds are, you may actually have to do some leg and grunt work. So don’t get your hopes up

Around my way, they let off a helper with a wagon stacked 6 feet high and give them an hour to deliver and walk. Golf carts are used in gated communities around my way. Very selective time frame and pay scale. Communities by and large Do NOT like them. So what was true last year may Be not the same.

I say you’re lucky because no one enjoys driver helper around my way. We’re logging 15-20 walking miles in one short afternoon. I did it once and now laugh at others who want to do it.

dgtldgls

Let’s just say, you got lucky. Golf routes are usually reserved for high seniority PT workers around my way. In the contraCt, they have a very specific time frame for usage. Odds are, you may actually have to do some leg and grunt work. So don’t get your hopes up

Around my way, they let off a helper with a wagon stacked 6 feet high and give them an hour to deliver and walk. Golf carts are used in gated communities around my way. Very selective time frame and pay scale. Communities by and large Do NOT like them. So what was true last year may Be not the same.

I say you’re lucky because no one enjoys driver helper around my way. We’re logging 15-20 walking miles in one short afternoon. I did it once and now laugh at others who want to do it.
When the helper position is posted again, I'm going to apply no matter if I'm on my own or riding along. I would've done it last year but my school schedule didn't line up for it.

I very well may have been lucky then, though they said that they were in need of enough helpers, and helpers with a driver's license. I remember I started in mid November, not sure if someone else was doing the route before I came on or if it started for that neighborhood when I started.

Last edited: