Good advice for living life

moreluck

golden ticket member
55c69dc31ef748b1f1da1ce9610c6a29.jpg

P

pickup

I've seen this advice throughout the decades that is summed up like this: hang out with people that are more successful and smarter than you.

The reasons for this advice is that their habits of thought and action will rub off on you.

But if this advice is true, you would have difficulty following it because anyone who is more successful and/or smarter than you wouldn't want to hang out with you because well... you ain't smarter and/or more successful than they are.

And if they did hang out with you, there is a danger of your relatively bad habits dragging them down.

Thoughts that run through my head as I await the arrival of the plumber.

P

pickup

I've seen this advice throughout the decades that is summed up like this: hang out with people that are more successful and smarter than you.

The reasons for this advice is that their habits of thought and action will rub off on you.

But if this advice is true, you would have difficulty following it because anyone who is more successful and/or smarter than you wouldn't want to hang out with you because well... you ain't smarter and/or more successful than they are.

And if they did hang out with you, there is a danger of your relatively bad habits dragging them down.

Thoughts that run through my head as I await the arrival of the plumber.

See how the advice doesn't work ? Nobody replied to my post because no one wants to interact with someone dumber than himself.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else.
- Leonardo da Vinci -

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i learned a lot from my father in the last month before he died.

life is too short to stress out about most things

anger , worry, and other negative emotions are a waste.

try to make your little corner of the world a better place.

nothing matters more than family.