Good Boot Suggestions

Steamer

I just tape commit packages over the top of mine in the rain. My feet stay dry and get me everywhere before noon. Sort of like Santa's hat.

Overpaid Union Thug

Hey everyone. I need to buy a pair of well made boots that are insulated and waterproof. I’m fine spending the money on something good. I don’t need them higher than my ankles.

Thanks!
It’s better to go to a local store and try boots on rather than listen to the advice of others. What works for me may not work for you. We all walk differently (pronation) and have different shaped feet.

So go to one of those local shoe stores (usually a mom and pop instead of a chain store) that specializes in work boots and try on whatever you’re interested in and go from there. Some big box stores have them but the selection is usually limited. When you find what you want use your phone to price match. You may have to order them online.

My only advice is don’t believe the hype about some of the real expensive boots. Just because they cost allot doesn’t mean they are high quality. I’ve had some $79 Timberlands outlast $230 boots of various reputable manufacturers. And what lasts long for others may not last long for you because of that pronation thing I mentioned. Your foot shape and/or pronation may wear out the soles faster and cause stitching to come out while theirs won’t.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you go to a small store, make sure they measure your feet with a Brannock device. I am a 12B and since I started buying nothing but 12B shoes and boots, my feet and knees feel way better. I have 2 pair of Whites Outdoorsman that I switch out so that each pair gets a full day to dry out from foot perspiration. Since I started doing that with all my shoes, none of my shoes stink.

watdaflock?

It’s better to go to a local store and try boots on rather than listen to the advice of others. What works for me may not work for you. We all walk differently (pronation) and have different shaped feet.
:thumbup:
If you don't have boot nazi's for managers, these are some of the most comfortable waterproof hikers on the market. Vasque is a Redwing brand of sport boots.

Vasque Talus AT UltraDry

Porknado

Which model do you wear?
Danner Vicious 8”, composite toe. I prefer a higher lace up, it’s saved me from rolling an ankle more than once. Also, I’m a hard toe guy. Worked in a bunch of industrial settings that have required steel toes and feel naked without.

Sixth Punch Sense

Danner Vicious 8”, composite toe. I prefer a higher lace up, it’s saved me from rolling an ankle more than once. Also, I’m a hard toe guy. Worked in a bunch of industrial settings that have required steel toes and feel naked without.
I like the composite toe as well. Not for safety just the room it provides, much more comfortable.

MassWineGuy

If you go to a small store, make sure they measure your feet with a Brannock device. I am a 12B and since I started buying nothing but 12B shoes and boots, my feet and knees feel way better. I have 2 pair of Whites Outdoorsman that I switch out so that each pair gets a full day to dry out from foot perspiration. Since I started doing that with all my shoes, none of my shoes stink.

Of course, you’re all familiar with the Brannock Device. And I’m sure every shoe department has at least one.

watdaflock?

I have the shoe version of those.
TBH I didn't even realize they made the low version. Thanks!
opplanet-vasque-talus-xt-low-gtx-hiking-shoes-mens-brown-olive-bossa-nova-13-us-wide-07064w-130-av-1.jpg