Got a letter in the mail tonight from Teamcare about COBRA?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Here, if any bill is rejected because UPS didn't pay premium, then turn the bill into sup, and UPS pays the bill that way.
What I'm saying is just because your HC is paid for by the company doesn't mean you have insurance.

Here we only have to work 1 day a month to get all benefits paid for. But still have to work once a week or teamcare will drop us.

trickpony1

You're telling me. Lots of grievances filed on it. Lost them all. Kinda funny basically filing against the union.

I don't see how hard of a concept it is that they are getting money for benefits therefore I should have said benefits.

It appears you have exhausted your union remedies.

Perhaps you should file a compliant with the NLRB and/or the Department of Labor.

Goggle your state's Insurance Commission and visit them or file a compliant on line.

hexmurph

we had a part timer miss almost two weeks with an intestinal blockage, during that time his wife gave birth and his team care was cancelled after seven days with no punch

poor guy is still fighting over his and her medical bills almost a year later....dfw hub

package_pusher

Hi, I joined to ask this question after calling National HR number. I'm a driver of 15 years, and am still employed with UPS, not planning on leaving anytime soon but just got a letter from Teamcare saying the following:
"If you do not elect COBRA continuation coverage, your coverage will end of 9/27/2015, ect. ect."
Basically saying my insurance is dropped as of 9/27/2015, yet my daughter has gotten her RX's filled since and they were still covered everything is still covered as normal, and this is my first time hearing this.

I took FMLA (approved) leave due to a family emergency from 9/22-10/5, would this have something t do with it? I have no idea who initiated this considering national HR told me they have nothing to do with it, and it still shows active.

Any help/comments would be great. (Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, or anything btw)
Definitely call teamcare and talk find out from HR you to talk to about regional payroll issues. Do this quickly because it could potentially take time. I'm currently in a similar situation, waiting for UPS to turn in some paperwork to teamcare.

twoweeled

Here's some options:

1)Call your BA, explain the situation to him, have him call your local HR dept and get it straightened out.

2)Call HRSC and find out why they think your benefits aren't covered any more....then call your BA.

Be aware that HRSC is a third party contractor (they aren't even UPS employees) and some people think they couldn't care less about anything.
I wan't aware HRSC was a third party contractor. It is hit and miss with them. I've called and spoken to someone prepared to help. I've spoken to people who really didn't know much about anything. I've spoken to mostly people who made me feel like I was in the line at Jack in the Box, and I was interrupting their lunch. Makes sense now. Whatever/whoever is cheaper!!

twoweeled

we had a part timer miss almost two weeks with an intestinal blockage, during that time his wife gave birth and his team care was cancelled after seven days with no punch

poor guy is still fighting over his and her medical bills almost a year later....dfw hub
I thought UPS wanted outta the healthcare business and we were just going to be dealing with our people? Which sounded like the only bright spot of this healthcare change. Looks like we're getting the same consideration from ourselves, as we received from UPS. Except a lower grade of it.