Gov. Bailout

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I would vote no too. Something needs to be done, but this isn't it. Why do we give money to the people who caused this and let them do it again? The crooks in government that looked the other way while taking contributions from these companies will still be in power and were being called heroes after the Senate vote last night. Lots of pork in it too, its a hog now. I can buy wooden arrows and maybe UPS will give me $300 bucks to ride a bicycle to work?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I don't know...something had to be done. I just don't have enough information to even pretend to know how to vote on that. Hopefully, the economy rights the ship pretty soon here. It's been bad this last quarter, but it's nothing compared to the hits in the 80's and 90's.

chev

Nightcrawler
I would vote no too. Something needs to be done, but this isn't it. Why do we give money to the people who caused this and let them do it again? The crooks in government that looked the other way while taking contributions from these companies will still be in power and were being called heroes after the Senate vote last night. Lots of pork in it too, its a hog now. I can buy wooden arrows and maybe UPS will give me $300 bucks to ride a bicycle to work?
Yep, I smelled the bacon cooking too. Why in hell can't they pass one friggin bill without porking it up. Someone has to stop this common practice of "ear marking". I'm tired of paying for pet projects. It's no wonder our taxes are so damn high. Just wait and see. If they pass this "bail out", we will be the ones to pay for it. Sounds fair, right? I don't think so. :biting:

iowa boy

I agree that something needs to be done to push the economy along a little, but giving the Treasury dept. control over 700B with no checks and balances is just asinine. There are better and cheaper ways to fix this situation than just handing someone the governments checkbook and saying fix the problem. Where is the accountability? Where are the guarantees that the credit markets with loosen up with this bailout? Just too many questions and not enough answers for me to even think about voting for this if it were up to me.

just my 2 cents:peaceful:.