Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Cricket

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Who cares

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You have too much time on your hands

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
I just saw on google about the two because I had never heard of hanging thieves before
76O0KV4ciTZrq.gif

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
7DA46025-E938-46E6-9E67-9CC2993B3821.jpeg

@sailfish you would have gotten a kick out of watching this wasp. I saw it traveling pretty quickly on the ground and couldn’t figure out what it was at first. Then I realized it was a wasp carrying a caterpillar. It took it to a hole it had, a little smaller than a dime, and started pulling pebbles out of the hole. It then pulled the caterpillar into the hole and filled it back in with dirt and pebbles, and flew away. The caterpillar must’ve been really heavy for it. No way could it fly and carry it. I looked it up. It was a Great Golden Digger Wasp.

542thruNthru

View attachment 320948
@sailfish you would have gotten a kick out of watching this wasp. I saw it traveling pretty quickly on the ground and couldn’t figure out what it was at first. Then I realized it was a wasp carrying a caterpillar. It took it to a hole it had, a little smaller than a dime, and started pulling pebbles out of the hole. It then pulled the caterpillar into the hole and filled it back in with dirt and pebbles, and flew away. The caterpillar must’ve been really heavy for it. No way could it fly and carry it. I looked it up. It was a Great Golden Digger Wasp.
Reminds me of a tarantula hawk.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
View attachment 320948
I have a personal vendetta against wasps/hornets after they stung me on three separate occasions one weekend, including flying up my sleeve on the bike and stinging me in the armpit several times before I could pull over and get my jacket off.