Hand Gun

some1else

Banned
virginia is overall pretty good for cc. one funny rule is that cc is prohibited in bars but open carry is ok lol. i guess that way the barkeep can cut you off earlier if you are packin!

chopstic

I researched into it and apparently some states have a subset of weapon laws specifically about employee/employer weapon policies. Which legally can restrict the carry of firearms for employees in either the facility or parking lot if the weapon's policy is DISCLOSED prior to event.

I remember signing a lot of documents before being hired, but I definitly do not recall any such disclosure on firearms in UPS parking lots. So unless this policy is made public knowledge to its employees. It is allowed to carry a firearm in your vehicle in a UPS parking lot.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Lets discuss policy.

We have a no walking on a moving belt policy. ITs there so when a regulating authority comes in for a visit, and the preload sup is walking the belt, UPS can smile and say we have a policy against walking on a moving belt. We will take disaplinary action against the person for violating our policy.

Now, unless you make and ass out of yourself by waving a gun around in the parking lot, I doubt seriously that the company would know or care. But if you do, or are involved in a situation where they need to create distance between you and them...........

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Lets discuss policy.

We have a no walking on a moving belt policy. ITs there so when a regulating authority comes in for a visit, and the preload sup is walking the belt, UPS can smile and say we have a policy against walking on a moving belt. We will take disaplinary action against the person for violating our policy.

Now, unless you make and ass out of yourself by waving a gun around in the parking lot, I doubt seriously that the company would know or care. But if you do, or are involved in a situation where they need to create distance between you and them...........

d

And I will finish the statement for Danny, just in case............................

.....................the policy exists and you should have known it. UPS could care less if you have ever read the handbooks that are availalbe to all employees.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Thankyou sweet Dill:happy-very:

Now if you would be so kind as to find my glasses, and by the way, direct me to the mens room too. I forgot the way. And if you happen to see my wife somewhere, please tell her I am going to bed. . . . . .Pst, dilly, which way is the bedroom. us older folks have a hard time remembering who we are, where we are or where we were going, or for that matter what we are doing z
z
z
z

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thankyou sweet Dill:happy-very:

Now if you would be so kind as to find my glasses, and by the way, direct me to the mens room too. I forgot the way. And if you happen to see my wife somewhere, please tell her I am going to bed. . . . . .Pst, dilly, which way is the bedroom. us older folks have a hard time remembering who we are, where we are or where we were going, or for that matter what we are doing z
z
z
z
I'm so sorry:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

ol'browneye

In Missouri, the business, with the proper signage, can ask you to leave. If you refuse, then you have commited a crime. But I believe the first offense is $100 fine and it escalates with more offenses. Also, the signs have to be of a certain size (possibly 8"X11") and the letters have to be at least 1" in size. Many businesses just have a little picture of a revolver with a red line through it but that is not a legal sign.

Also in Missouri it is legal to carry open into a bank but illegal to carry concealed! Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?:confused2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Oh sweet Dilly, dont cry

I was not always this way.

But after 33 years of brown, and 54 years of life, Ive become the one handed sob from hell..... If I can find the door.

Ive watched what they have done to my company, and I dont like what I see. Ive watched what they have done to my country and I want to throw up.

Ah but my dear sweet innocent.......Ok, Im stretching it a bit with innocent and sweet, one day you will have this to look forward to.:wink2:

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Also, the signs have to be of a certain size (possibly 8"X11") and the letters have to be at least 1" in size. Many businesses just have a little picture of a revolver with a red line through it but that is not a legal sign.
yup, gotta be big enough so people like me can see em.

As for the picture with the red line, sshhh. The multilingual police will disagree. They gotta have that for all the illegals that dont and dont wanna learn to read english. and they have rights you know.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Oh sweet Dilly, dont cry

I was not always this way.

But after 33 years of brown, and 54 years of life, Ive become the one handed sob from hell..... If I can find the door.
Closer to the truth than you'd like to admit?:wink2:

Ive watched what they have done to my company, and I dont like what I see. Ive watched what they have done to my country and I want to throw up.
Ain't that the truth!
Ah but my dear sweet innocent.......Ok, Im stretching it a bit with innocent and sweet, one day you will have this to look forward to.:wink2:

d
I know, that you know, that I know your attempt to lighten things up for me. I'm hurting alot, I appreciate that. I'm gonna miss her so much.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dill

If this life was all there was, it would suck. And for those that dont believe in an "afterlife", this life is all they got.

Yeah, it hurts a lot. And it sucks when people that have so much to live for dont get the chance, while others piss their lives away without a thought.

Life is tough. And life goes on while we all drop out one at a time. Or at least parts do in threes.....:knockedout:

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dill

If this life was all there was, it would suck. And for those that dont believe in an "afterlife", this life is all they got.

Yeah, it hurts a lot. And it sucks when people that have so much to live for dont get the chance, while others piss their lives away without a thought.

Life is tough. And life goes on while we all drop out one at a time. Or at least parts do in threes.....:knockedout:

d
Thank you.

StopCount

In Az I can be held accountable, by law, for violating UPS's policy of no guns on property. That is our law...Am I willing to risk my job and possible jail time for that....It is against the law to take a gun into a bar.

So, is it illegal to have a gun in your car in the parking lot of the bar?

over9five

Staff member
Is it against UPS Company policy to carry a handgun in your vehicle when parked on UPS property even if you have a concealed handgun license.

Soon it won't matter what UPS policy is regarding your own legal property in your vehicle. Some states have passed "Parking lot laws" to protect your 2ND Amendment rights while parked in your employers parking lot.

thebrownbox

A worker was fired yesterday for bringing his handgun to the job.. I guess he was showing it off to some people and I guess someone saw and told.. As i was driving out I saw the guard come out to the guy.

However our center seems to have an issue with these things.. last year a driver was caught selling guns from the truck...