Happy Father's Day!!

DS

Fenderbender
Raw, maybe that explains why you are so quick to point out others weaknesses .You can be quite cruel yourself.
My dad was no gem either,so dont tickle me any more with your Canada jokes eh...and dont rage against your own kids,
or us folks here in the browncafe...your post surprised me,
but its good to know you are after all, a fairly normal human being,like the rest of us.
btw happy fathers day

Sammie

Raw thought enough of this group to share some painful memories. That says something in itself.

We can't pick our family, but we can pick our friends. For those of you who had wonderful childhoods, I'm happy for you. For those who didn't, we are what we are but I think it made us stronger and more aware.

Hope you all have an awesome day.

Raw

Raw Member
Raw, I'm sorry for you, but I am also curious about something; whenever anybody else pours out a personal story like yours your response is either "boo hoo" , "who cares!", or something to the effect of "so what". Why would YOU think any of us would have compassion for you now?(not that I don't) Is the negative attitude in your posts from the treatment you received as a child? If so, I can understand a little. I guess what I'm saying is- by your posts on this forum you sure don't show that you learned how to treat other people better than the way you were treated as a child.
I'm not trying to beat you down, just trying to understand.
Hey people, thanks for the support but I was JOKING!!!! Can`t you see satire, notice the smiley`s at the end? I got those tidbits from google and thought they would be funny to post! Tickling? LOL!!:tongue_sm

705red

Browncafe Steward
Now with that being said do we fathers get taken for granted? I have a fannie may on my route friday it was dead no1 buying us chocolates. I also have a well known flower store, no big rush of flowers being delivered. But you cant get near any of these stores for valentines day, mothers day, or sweetest day. I guess what i am asking why do we dads get ties, best dad tshirts, under wear, you get my point, but the wifes and mothers want jewelry from tiffanys, or all day spa packages from the salon. When did we as fathers just except this? I got brave this year and made some hints about new golf clubs on the phone in front of my wife and it worked, i got a new set. I asked her what about the ususal gifts, she replied that thats what her dad would get and didnt realize that (dads) i would like to feel as appreciated as we try to make them feel.

Any dads get the ususal gifts? Any dads get anything worth talking(bragging) about?

Lets demand better for ourselves as dads, or we could always buy new bloomers for our wives for mothers day!

UPS Lifer

A special wish goes out to Dad's who can't spend Father's Day with their son's or daughter's in the military.Our only wish is that they come home safely one day,and they be allowed to call Dad on Father's day.
Excellent thoughts! My son was a Marine (once a Marine...always a Marine). He was in Bahrain during 2000 and every holiday was a painful reminder he was alone and not able to celebrate with his family. Fortunately the American public has compassion and support for our troops. I remember the Vietnam Vets who weren't so lucky!

Scratch - I also feel your pain. I lost my dad in 2000. I couldn't wait to retire and travel with him....that never happened. This is a stark reminder that we have to seize every moment we have with our family to build and treasure those memories.

705red - I can relate to what you are saying as well. As I have watched my boys grow into men, who now struggle to earn a paycheck, I changed my tune on this. I have told them not to get me anything for Father's Day. Their company is what I look forward to...and occasionally they can help me with a project around the house. I just go out and get my own gift and tell them thank you!!!

20yearvet

As a recently divorced Dad, i was hoping to see or hear from my kids this weekend (not my weekend), unfortunately, no such luck. I also remember when my ex-wife would ask, "do you want the kids growing up like you or your father?". I always answered yes (I have two girls). My Dad is my best friend and knows it. We talk several times per week and I made sure to call, even though he was out of state visiting my sister.

I can only hope that my kids turn out with the same work ethic, morals and will to succeed as I have. UPS proves that. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.

Happy Fathers Day (late) to all.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
"As a recently divorced Dad, i was hoping to see or hear from my kids this weekend (not my weekend), unfortunately, no such luck"

It was totally classless of your wife to not instruct, or remind the kids to call you on fathers day. It is her job to teach them the right things to do, since she has custody. She just got a big friend.