ITALIANS, BELGIANS AND BRITS
ARE BURIED ON OUR SOIL...
AFTER DEFENDING US
AGAINST OUR ENEMIES?

WE DON'T ASK FOR PRAISE...
BUT WE HAVE ABSOULUTELY
NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE!

Upsmule

Ah, Memorial Day, great time to catch a good war flick. All Quiet On The Western Front, Breaker Morant or a favorite in "The Americanization of Emily" with James Garner and Julie Andrews, both have said this is their favorite film.

One of my favorite scenes.

Americanization of Emily Tea w/Mrs Barham - YouTube

There is so much that is misrepresented by many voices crying out about what is right and wrong in fighting and violence - including violent real war. History is exhaustive in the fact that if good men do not fight and even kill sometimes then evil goes unrestrained and the result is some level of evil like the Holocaust. I think most people dream of a world without war and long for peace, but we live in a fallen world. Most also long for a world without disease, starvation, abuse, corruption, and oppression ......... that is not the world we live in but IS true of the the new world to come.

The statement: "Freedom is not free" isn't just a silly platitude - it is truth.

bbsam

Staff member
War today is about power and money. And if you want to get to the honest human truth of the matter, there is nothing wrong with that.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
And to the forgotten soldier from Vietnam; walking the street homeless.
And to the forgotten soldier that sought relief in a bottle or at the business end of a gun.
And to the forgotten soldier waiting for the VA for assistance.

God, Bless them and keep them safe in your arms.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
muleboy, learn some history, and maybe some geography as well. Try to fashion that into a world view.

You are not only disrespectful, but a traitor, as well.

trickpony1

muleboy, learn some history, and maybe some geography as well. Try to fashion that into a world view.

You are not only disrespectful, but a traitor, as well.

I typically don't neg rep people because I figure if they are that GD dumb all the neg rep in the world won't help them understand.
How much more disrespectful can a person be on a holiday designed to remember those who gave their lives keeping aggressors from destroying freedom and forcing their philosophy upon the rest of the world?
The shred of respect I had for roadrunner just went right out the window.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
​I find it hard to believe anyone other than TOS had any respect for him ... especially you!

Ahh, the gangup on posters continues over a stupid thread. We all respect our troops. The president respects our troops and all the hyperbolic crap spewed by right wing nuts wont change that.

An idiot starts a thread calling the president a chump, and you all jump onboard "AS IF" it were true. Like sheep, the dog barks and you all run into a circle.

And Roadrunner has the problem?

I am sure Roadrunner wont lose any sleep over not having your respect. I am sure you sleep well knowing I think your a creep, eh?

Peace

TOS

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

1. The American Cemetery at Aisne-Marne, France... A total of 2289

2. The American Cemetery at Ardennes, Belgium... A total of 5329

3. The American Cemetery at Brittany, France... A total of 4410

4. Brookwood, England - American Cemetery... A total of 468

5. Cambridge, England... A total of 3812

6. Epinal, France - American Cemetery... A total of 5525

7. Flanders Field, Belgium... A total of 368

8. Florence, Italy... A total of 4402

9. Henri-Chapelle, Belgium... A total of 7992

10. Lorraine , France... A total of 10,489

11. Luxembourg, Luxembourg... A total of 5076

12. Meuse-Argonne... A total of 14246

13. Netherlands, Netherlands... A total of 8301

14. Normandy, France... A total of 9387

15. Oise-Aisne, France... A total of 6012

16. Rhone, France... A total of 861

17. Sicily, Italy... A total of 7861

18. Somme, France... A total of 1844

19. St. Mihiel, France... A total of 4153

20. Suresnes, France... A total of 1541

Remind those of our sacrifice
The count is 104,366
dead, brave Americans

As Colin Powell Reportedly
said, "we only took enough
land to bury our dead."

HOW MANY FRENCH, DUTCH,
ITALIANS, BELGIANS AND BRITS
ARE BURIED ON OUR SOIL...
AFTER DEFENDING US
AGAINST OUR ENEMIES?

WE DON'T ASK FOR PRAISE...
BUT WE HAVE ABSOULUTELY
NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE!
I don't have a number, but I am pretty sure that there are a good number of French soldiers buried on our soil. There was no way we win the Revolutionary War without major contributions from the French in both arms and men.

oldngray

nowhere special
Most of French aid was supplies and the support of their navy. Not really ground troops. Definitely we wouldn't have won if the English weren't busy with France at the same time.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Not so sure that Memorial Day ranks high on the previous administration either.
Do you think that Mr. Cheney celebrates this day memorializing his many draft deferrals to stay out of Vietnam?
43 memorializes 41 for getting him into the National Guard and guaranteeing himself service stateside?

Packing up my family and taking them to the local parade today to honor the true heroes!
Will cheer and salute the veterans.
Will turn my back on the tag a longs looking for votes.
The politicians can kiss my butt!

Upsmule

Gotta love the irony. Some folks vote for and defend anti-American anti-capitalism policies....until there's a holiday set aside for those who give their lives to make America possible. And still try to convince everyone they're holier than thou.

No change here either. Enjoy a peaceful Memorial Day chumps.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't have a number, but I am pretty sure that there are a good number of French soldiers buried on our soil. There was no way we win the Revolutionary War without major contributions from the French in both arms and men.

[h=1]Touché[/h]

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
President Obama hasnt sent any US soldiers to die in needless,unwinnable wars that were started on false premises since he was elected, unlike his predecessor.

Upsmule

President Obama hasnt sent any US soldiers to die in needless,unwinnable wars that were started on false premises since he was elected, unlike his predecessor.

And every liberal hypocrite that voted for "BUSH's" war also.

Hypocrite hack.

wkmac

How much more disrespectful can a person be on a holiday designed to remember those who gave their lives keeping aggressors from destroying freedom and forcing their philosophy upon the rest of the world?

If the soldiers fought for freedom's sake, and I have no doubt in their minds this is the case, it would seem to me looking back across time and the erosion of freedom in this country, accelerating ever faster at this time by the hands of the State, our soldiers were fighting the wrong enemy. And still are!

I find on this day that remembering the words of the great Marine General Smedley Butler worthy of a few minutes time. This is a re-creation of Butler's great speech, "War Is A Racket."

War is a Racket by Smedley Butler - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.