Has anyone received quarantine pay?

Shorts365

Hello, I'm curious if anyone has successfully navigated the UPS covid pay. I just missed the past week because I tested positive (and was sick as a dog.) I filled out the form and sent it in with the requested attachments. I was wondering how this works from here. Right now the time card viewer says I've burned through 4 days of sick time. Will they change this retroactively? I realized that there's probably an influx of claims right now and HR might have their hands full, but I also know HR can and will ghost us. Thanks for any information.

ManInBrown

Yup. Early 2020. Wasnt smooth but also wasn’t a horror story like some I’ve read. The people at the call center that handle the COVID pay were beyond incompetent when I was going thru it. But did get the ten days pay maybe a week late. It was so early on when I used it you didn’t even need a positive test result. I didn’t feel well, my doctor gave me a note to stay home for ten days. Sent it to the call center. Got paid.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Hello, I'm curious if anyone has successfully navigated the UPS covid pay. I just missed the past week because I tested positive (and was sick as a dog.) I filled out the form and sent it in with the requested attachments. I was wondering how this works from here. Right now the time card viewer says I've burned through 4 days of sick time. Will they change this retroactively? I realized that there's probably an influx of claims right now and HR might have their hands full, but I also know HR can and will ghost us. Thanks for any information.

“Ghost us” is an understatement...👻

AKCoverMan

if you have enough sick days to tide you over it’s not too bad. It takes the covid leave folks a couple of weeks to process.

While your out you use up sick days, then when they approve your emergency leave you will see on a future paycheck they will pay you the emergency leave and on the same check un-pay you the sick leave you had to use up and will redeposit the sick leave in your time off bank.

If you run out of sick days during leave it’s a little harder as you’ll be short on pay until they come thru with the emergency leave,

Amazingly, although a bit slow, this works. My sweetheart and I both went thru it.

Good luck, and feel better soon!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It took like 2 weeks for me to get it after submitting the paperwork. Not sure how it affect any paid time off, I got sick just before Christmas and didn’t have any time off left lol. Hope you feel better soon.

Thebrownblob

If you fill out the appropriate form and send in what they ask you will get paid but it takes forever

wilberforce15

So do you call after you return so you know how many days you need ??
It was standardized at 10 days because that was the expected quarantine. Not sure if they've moved it down to 5 now.

I was positive and got 2 weeks off earlier in 2021. Barely sick. But if I test positive again, do I get pay again?

over9five

Staff member
But if I test positive again, do I get pay again?

Not the exact question you asked, but:

1642008383885.png

It goes on. Check this out if you have access to UPSers.....

AKCoverMan

We’re in this boat right now. My sweetheart had Covid in Nov 2020 and I had to quarantine with her, We both got paid the emergency leave.. now I have it and she is quarantined with me but we don’t get more emergency leave.. using week of sick leave.