Has anyone received quarantine pay?

Pickles

It's a one time benefit for doing it for someone in your house.

But man, you'd have a really good case if you had your own positive test a second time.
People are getting it a second time now. I doubt they would pay again but who knows? (if this happens to you please let us know) I only used 9 of my 10 days last time!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We’re in this boat right now. My sweetheart had Covid in Nov 2020 and I had to quarantine with her, We both got paid the emergency leave.. now I have it and she is quarantined with me but we don’t get more emergency leave.. using week of sick leave.
File for short term disability is what we are being told here.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Isn’t there a waiting period before they start paying 60% of average weekly wage?
Yep. Varies by state I believe. The emergency leave payment is limited to ten days total. Not restricted to one time. People have been out here with Covid issues more than once and have been paid up to ten days total.

So, they are telling people who exhausted all ten days of paid leave to file to retain their benefits since they may not punch for a full week.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Hello, I'm curious if anyone has successfully navigated the UPS covid pay.. Thanks for any information.
That sounded super smart like.

You must have one of them fancy degree things.

You are welcome for the information provided.

On topic.

Helped with provided info.

JustDeliverIt

Hello, I'm curious if anyone has successfully navigated the UPS covid pay. I just missed the past week because I tested positive (and was sick as a dog.) I filled out the form and sent it in with the requested attachments. I was wondering how this works from here. Right now the time card viewer says I've burned through 4 days of sick time. Will they change this retroactively? I realized that there's probably an influx of claims right now and HR might have their hands full, but I also know HR can and will ghost us. Thanks for any information.

Used 7 of my 10 days last year when I was told by my doctor to quarantine even though I did not test positive but was in close contact. Got paid right away if I remember correctly, maybe a week later.

I am home again now after testing positive myself and contacted my BA. Told we are entitled to 10 days total so resubmitted the paperwork to get my last 3 days. If I'm out longer it's like @MyTripisCut said, apply for short term disability. Last year when I looked into it, there was no one week waiting period with Covid. If I'm still feeling :censored2:ty this weekend I'll have to look into it again.

El Correcto

god is dead
According to this site I though COVID was next to harmless. Why do you need quarantine pay?
If your employer agrees to hand you over a grand for having the sniffles are you going to argue with their dumbasses about it or take the free vacation?

Ghost in the Darkness

Yes. Find a ups HR number for your area that deals with covid pay. Call until you get someone who is competent and can complete everything over the phone via email. They should be able to give you confirmation numbers and speed you through the process. Called on a Tuesday and was paid the following week.

Ghost in the Darkness

What days you missed work in relation to a positive covid test. Every work day missed until you return to work. 10 days max for covid pay and then it uses peronal time if you needed more. HR handles it so they have access to payroll.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What days you missed work in relation to a positive covid test. Every work day missed until you return to work. 10 days max for covid pay and then it uses peronal time if you needed more. HR handles it so they have access to payroll.
No need to call in after the initial emailing of forms and supplied documentation? One week you just get an extra green check or is it direct deposited?

Felt funny on Monday. Tuesday by evening i started to know. And off course i was heavy on stops. i powered thru till about 5:30. they came and got the rest. I felt like crap and was extremely sleepy. Wednesday i was ook and i been fine all week. Ill go back Monday. I sent my papers but i guess ill wait till something happens

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I got my covid pay back pretty quick, was out on the 22nd of December until the 1st. Came back 3rd and got payed for the 7 days this last Friday. A lot of people forgot to submit the proper paperwork and results of their or family members positive test. Filing ASAP is also a good idea so it gets the ball rolling with all the probable applicants filing as well. Did you check your email or your UPSers for any updates? Did you call the 1800 number and speak with anyone that could help you understand what's taking so long for your leave to be approved? I would start there and if nothing contact your business agent if you need further instruction.

Raw

Raw Member
I got my covid pay back pretty quick, was out on the 22nd of December until the 1st. Came back 3rd and got payed for the 7 days this last Friday. A lot of people forgot to submit the proper paperwork and results of their or family members positive test. Filing ASAP is also a good idea so it gets the ball rolling with all the probable applicants filing as well. Did you check your email or your UPSers for any updates? Did you call the 1800 number and speak with anyone that could help you understand what's taking so long for your leave to be approved? I would start there and if nothing contact your business agent if you need further instruction.
If you tested positive it says go to question 6 which skips past family info....