Have to remember to put EX in front of UPS'er

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Well...it happened. I knew it was going to but just didn't know when. I was offered a much less physical, much more study friendly position on my University's campus and decided to take it. My last day as a UPS'er is October 11th.

The bull:censored2: we all put up with had been taking its toll for awhile. In addition, my p/t management team developed an affinity for deliberately riling me up. I gave my notice to the classier--and more intelligent--full-time supervisor on Tuesday. He read it through and told me, "I wondered how long I would be able to hang on to you after you got that job on campus. You're way too qualified to be handling packages here, man." Anyone here a movie fan? If so, remember the end of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, when Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), is standing at the helm of the Pearl? He says to himself (and his compass lol), "Now...bring me that horizon!" I'm looking at my horizon and it looks pretty d*mn inviting!!!! I have a few professional job prospects that I'm also pursuing. One is an internship at a government installation, the other is with the state of Colorado.

Its been a true pleasure working with people here in Colorado. The attendance issues aside, we have a great crew here. Our management is just as bad as anywhere else. I'm really going to miss the health insurance but I can find that on my own.

And so.....I say, GOOD-BYE UPS!!!!! -Rocky

dillweed

Congratulations Rocky! Proud of you for getting the heck out of UPS and having the courage to try something new. Those job offers show that you are a valuable assett, which UPS wouldn't appreciate. They seem to suck the souls out of management and replace wtih cold hearted puppets. Not all of them, to be sure, but a good share that I've seen.

That horizon is beckoning and you need to take off and fly toward it.
You will do very well, no doubt about it.

Stop in and let us know how your'e doing, OK? Will miss you. Thanks for your friendship and wish you the very best always. dw

moreluck

golden ticket member
Good luck on your new journey. Come back and say hi on the browncafe once in a while.

Ur 1 ov r better spllrs:)

disneyworld

You and a few others (myself included)are only the beginning of a mass exodus out of this company IMHO. Well, maybe it will be more like not being able to find any quality employees.

DorkHead

Well...it happened. I knew it was going to but just didn't know when. I was offered a much less physical, much more study friendly position on my University's campus and decided to take it. My last day as a UPS'er is October 11th.

The bull:censored2: we all put up with had been taking its toll for awhile. In addition, my p/t management team developed an affinity for deliberately riling me up. I gave my notice to the classier--and more intelligent--full-time supervisor on Tuesday. He read it through and told me, "I wondered how long I would be able to hang on to you after you got that job on campus. You're way too qualified to be handling packages here, man." Anyone here a movie fan? If so, remember the end of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, when Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), is standing at the helm of the Pearl? He says to himself (and his compass lol), "Now...bring me that horizon!" I'm looking at my horizon and it looks pretty d*mn inviting!!!! I have a few professional job prospects that I'm also pursuing. One is an internship at a government installation, the other is with the state of Colorado.

Its been a true pleasure working with people here in Colorado. The attendance issues aside, we have a great crew here. Our management is just as bad as anywhere else. I'm really going to miss the health insurance but I can find that on my own.

And so.....I say, GOOD-BYE UPS!!!!! -Rocky

Let`s see:
University job = security and good pay
Federal job = security and good pay
State job = security and good pay

Congrats to you RR, looks like you can`t go wrong with any of the above.
Good luck

DH

Sammie

When you write those memoirs, you won't be identifying any of us by name, will you??? :glare:

Best of luck and don't forget the guys in the trenches you left behind!! :crying:

:rockon: Rocky!!!!!

DS

Fenderbender
rocky man,the sky is blue,thats your new horizon,remember to keep posting here because not only are you a good speller,you make sense.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Congrats!

(Remember, you can still hang out with us losers anytime!)

I don't consider UPS'ers losers. Regardless, thanks for the congrats. I'll still be here....when I get the chance.

congrats!
you made bail :)

ROFLMAO!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

When you write those memoirs, you won't be identifying any of us by name, will you??? :glare:

Best of luck and don't forget the guys in the trenches you left behind!! :crying:

Nah, I won't mention anyone by name....except by displayname. If the individual posters are still active, I'll get their OK before I mention them. If they're inactive, I'll make up a psuedoynm.

rocky man,the sky is blue,thats your new horizon,remember to keep posting here because not only are you a good speller,you make sense.

Yes, DS, my horizon is blue. UPS made the conscious and deliberate decison not to retain my services. THIS IS UPS's LOSS!!!!!! I can and will go somewhere else to do something in my profession. Most importantly, I'll be able to sleep peacefully at night. Ironically enough, I saw an Atlanta corporate guy--probably IE--in my hub today. We got to talking and I mentioned I was leaving and why. He smiled and said, "I don't blame you. Best of luck to you in your new endeavors!" I should have quoted Disney when I say this but I didn't: there is probably going to be a mass exodus AND difficulty finding quality workers in the very near future. You can cut costs only so far before you cut into what makes a company successful: the people that make it run. And I'm not talking management. I'm talking the guys in the 'trenches' making it happen EVERY day in all 50 U.S. states and in countries around the world. I'll always have a healthy respect for the work drivers do. I couldn't do it!!! -Rocky

trickpony1

Rocky-
Congrats on your decision.
On an academic note, please read "jonathan livingston seagull". It is a very short book but somewhat inspiring and applicable to you.
It may be downloadable from the internet.
Farewell my friend, I've enjoyed your posts.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Good luck to you Rocky. If I wasn't an old man and close to retirement I would be right behind you. Till then it's shoulder to the grindstone and all that. My wife is a much happier person after leaving UPS management. Sometimes its not about the money. I tend to think about that every year at peak and I am delivering to a house with a party going on or family gathering together and I am delivering packages till who knows when.

Hope it goes the way you want!

satellitedriver

Godspeed Rocky,
From what I have read in your posts, you have all the attributes to succeed in what ever you chose.
Choose wisely.
Maybe, you will be able to come back to the great state of Texas and enjoy life.
I enjoy your spirit and envy your youth.
Keep in touch.
Via con Dios.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
What you're not sticking around for peak??? You lucky son-of-a-gun!

LOL....that was the original plan, Blackbox. Unfortunately, my sleep patterns weren't the healthiest. Ultimately, it was the fact that I could see a deterioration of my school work ahead that prompted me to submit my notice. -Rocky

SimpleUPSer

Rocky,
I do not post much, as I have a tendency to be overly "passionate" in my posts. While I do not post much, I do read many of the posts, and yours have always been very cognitive and succinct.

I wish you well in your new position. I am sure that you will be successful.

I concur with what you and many others have echoed, UPS will continue to lose quality employees unless we "right the wrongs".

Good luck.

Lobofan5

You will have to tell us if you made it out of UPS life... or if it turns out to be like that Jim Carry movie, The Truman show, where he rows out on the little boat to leave the island..and runs into the end of the set!!!

Here's hoping your boat makes it all the way out of UPS land.....

Congrats!