Health care

Seasonal driver

So I was hired in September as a “reg temp” so I’ve already paid my union 150 initiation fee but for some reason last week check the union took 72 dollars out for the week I was wondering if anybody knew why being that I haven’t received any type of benefits or health insurance threw them yet like I was told I would be wen I was hired just tryna figure this out and how the union really works

So I was hired in September as a “reg temp” so I’ve already paid my union 150 initiation fee but for some reason last week check the union took 72 dollars out for the week I was wondering if anybody knew why being that I haven’t received any type of benefits or health insurance threw them yet like I was told I would be wen I was hired just tryna figure this out and how the union really works
Healthcare doesn't start until 9 months after your seniority date

542thruNthru

Union dues I would assume.

Speak with a shop steward. Here union does are paid out of the last paycheck of the month. Some areas it's every week.

They may have accidentally taken to much.

Seasonal driver

Union dues I would assume.

Speak with a shop steward. Here union does are paid out of the last paycheck of the month. Some areas it's every week.

They may have accidentally taken to much.
Ok I understand what your saying but I’m asking is why am I paying union dues as a reg temp that is not eligible for any type of benefits yet..... so I just want to know why is money being taking if I’m not receiving anything

542thruNthru

Ok I understand what your saying but I’m asking is why am I paying union dues as a reg temp that is not eligible for any type of benefits yet..... so I just want to know why is money being taking if I’m not receiving anything
You receive many benefits other than just healthcare.

The wages you make are a benefit of union negotiations.

The uniforms you wear that you don't pay for are a benefit of union negotiations.

The pension contribution you receive are a benefit of union negotiations.

And many other things.

Union dues are monthly. If you do not like it feel free to seek employment elsewhere.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Think of the $72 dollars as a "one way lottery". No one ever questions why the dues are so much?

Seasonal driver

You receive many benefits other than just healthcare.

The wages you make are a benefit of union negotiations.

The uniforms you wear that you don't pay for are a benefit of union negotiations.

The pension contribution you receive are a benefit of union negotiations.

And many other things.

Union dues are monthly. If you do not like it feel free to seek employment elsewhere.
O ok thanks I never said don’t look it but this is my first union job I never looked at all those different things I thought it was just like healthcare far as benefits do thanks for that up for me really appreciate it

Seasonal driver

Think of the $72 dollars as a "one way lottery". No one ever questions why the dues are so much?
No wasn’t questioning why they were so much was questioning what it goes towards but someone already explained to me and it makes since this is my first union job so yea I may have some dumb questions but aye you can’t learn without questions

Seasonal driver

That’s the thing I know nothing about a union so maybe I’m just I don’t know who to call or none of that I’m guessing cause I’m not full time I haven’t received that information yet or maybe just don’t know who to ask but also just maybe I’m on here tryna get a idea about it before I start going around the hub asking stupid questions wen I can just be on here anonymously and get all the stupid questions out the way..... and if you don’t like what I ask then don’t respond to it smh

Seasonal driver

Maybe you should call your local and ask them Instead of a strangers on the internet
Maybe you should call your local and ask them Instead o

That’s the thing I know nothing about a union so maybe I’m just I don’t know who to call or none of that I’m guessing cause I’m not full time I haven’t received that information yet or maybe just don’t know who to ask but also just maybe I’m on here tryna get a idea about it before I start going around the hub asking stupid questions wen I can just be on here anonymously and get all the stupid questions out the way..... and if you don’t like what I ask then don’t respond to it smh

friend a strangers on the internet

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
The people in the hub are who you want to ask stupid questions, they know your local, your contract and your union guy