Health care

542thruNthru

O ok thanks I never said don’t look it but this is my first union job I never looked at all those different things I thought it was just like healthcare far as benefits do thanks for that up for me really appreciate it
Didn't mean to come down on you it's just we get a lot of union haters on here and you were coming across as one.

Seasonal driver

The people in the hub are who you want to ask stupid questions, they know your local, your contract and your union guy
Again I understand that but I’m saying I didn’t even know what a union really was before this opportunity so I’m jus really tryna get somewhat of idea of what it is that’s all that’s it nothing more

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Again I understand that but I’m saying I didn’t even know what a union really was before this opportunity so I’m jus really tryna get somewhat of idea of what it is that’s all that’s it nothing more
A union is basically a middle men that negioates on your behalf, wAges, healthcare etc..

542thruNthru

Gotcha all good but naw totally opposite everybody tells me how good it is far as friends and family but I’m like I still don’t know what exactly it does but you explained it well
Your union dues pretty much pay your locals bills. If you go to a general membership meeting, which I suggest you do when you get the chance. They will tell you how your dues are spent in the monthly financial report.

upschuck

We still have cover driver's. They still need people to cover vacations, jury duty, sick calls, fmla, disability and anything else that might happen.
We have cover drivers, but they are regular FT drivers(22.4 and RPCD). We've never had the PT driver designation, here.

ManInBrown

Ok I understand what your saying but I’m asking is why am I paying union dues as a reg temp that is not eligible for any type of benefits yet..... so I just want to know why is money being taking if I’m not receiving anything
Your money is being taken for the privilege of working here. It sucks, but that’s what it is. Nothing you can do.