Healthcare seems dumb....

So I have just learned that UPS teamcare will not cover my adult braces. But apparently if I had a dependent under age 26 they would be covered? That's pretty ridiculous, seeing as I'm 23... I do not get the reasoning for this, can someone explain it to me? I'm new to healthcare, and obviously by my need of braces at 23, I have no family that can help me figure this out.

It seems like the defining for that is precarious. On consultation, they said it might be a skeletal issue and I might even need surgery for that. Is it just coming down to me having to prove that my medical needs are "corrective" or do they not care either way?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It seems like the defining for that is precarious. On consultation, they said it might be a skeletal issue and I might even need surgery for that. Is it just coming down to me having to prove that my medical needs are "corrective" or do they not care either way?

Yuppers.

Have your dental surgeon write a letter stating that the procedure is
corrective, not cosmetic, and forward that to your insurance provider.

Yuppers to the latter part of the question that they don't care and i shouldn't bother or to the first part where I can try to talk them into giving me a modicum of help?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_1793.JPG

Star a gofundme
I'll kick in $20