Heat rises so do stop counts...

ContainmentIssue

Have a question let's say a day of the week 30 drivers get sent home and it's oppressively hot outside. Do you think those people who go home are hurting the bid route drivers by not requesting their eight? As in, they would force management to have some fireman to take some stops off drivers? Do you think management would retaliate against those people in the future who requested their eight? Also, would management even have those people go out and help drivers or would they have them sweep the parking lot or something. Just asking if anyone has seen what happens when that many driver's request their eight. Thanks.

Last edited:

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Have a question let's say a day of the week 30 drivers get sent home and it's oppressively hot outside. Do you think those people who go home are hurting the bid route drivers by not requesting their eight? As in, they would force management to have some fireman to take some stops off drivers? Do you think management would retaliate against those people in the future who requested their eight? Also, would management even have those people go out and help drivers or would they have them sweep the parking lot or something. Just asking if anyone has seen what happens when that many driver's request their eight. Thanks.
@Integrity

ContainmentIssue

If you can't take the heat or cold, can't take overtime, maybe UPS is not the job for you?
If you can't take the heat or cold, can't take overtime, maybe UPS is not the job for you?
Driver's who have been here long enough and are on quote unquote retirement routes are just not understanding why the junk routes that relieve excessive stops aren't being put in especially in these conditions that's all. And I was more or less wondering if the new kids, instead of just taking it and going home, actually requested their 8, would management actually use them to shorten some of our days.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Driver's who have been here long enough and are on quote unquote retirement routes are just not understanding why the junk routes that relieve excessive stops aren't being put in especially in these conditions that's all. And I was more or less wondering if the new kids, instead of just taking it and going home, actually requested their 8, would management actually use them to shorten some of our days.
Lol no
They’ve got stops per car to worry about

JonDoe

OMFG the me generation is going to kill us all. Suck it up we all had to work to get to the top of the seniority list. Waaa I want the best truck,Waaa I want the best route,Waaa it's too hot I want A/C! Dear God.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
OMFG the me generation is going to kill us all. Suck it up we all had to work to get to the top of the seniority list. Waaa I want the best truck,Waaa I want the best route,Waaa it's too hot I want A/C! Dear God.
Get another job twink.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't tell me we don't understand. I took 3 weeks off in July to avoid the heat. It was so hot the pool water wasn't even that refreshing.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Stop worrying about what your coworkers are doing. Management is the problem. 9.5 list and vote for a better contract