Heat rises so do stop counts...

ContainmentIssue

Stop worrying about what your coworkers are doing. Management is the problem. 9.5 list and vote for a better contract
I wasn't worrying about my coworkers, I was simply trying to see if anyone had experienced a mass 8 hour demand on a day with many extras and how management handled it as I have not seen it before.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
There is an agreed-upon percentage for optionals and 8-hour requests. Optionals sometimes get filled but you almost never run out of 8 hour request slots, they usually offer people the day off (way out of seniority order) in order to meet dispatch metrics. It's actually hilarious how even a small number of 8-hour requests absolutely wreck a daily dispatch goal.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The Union has to negotiate a better contract first. Of course it is the PTers fault for not voting.
You want a better contract, mobilize part-timers to vote. If all part-timers showed solidarity and voted, part-timers could name their conditions and nobody could do a thing about it.

IMO UPS Full-timers fear a part-time work force actively and fully involved in the Union by uniting and voting in solidarity.

100% Part-time voting should be the goal and I believe full-timers great fear this possibility.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You want a better contract, mobilize part-timers to vote. If all part-timers showed solidarity and voted, part-timers could name their conditions and nobody could do a thing about it.

IMO UPS Full-timers fear a part-time work force actively and fully involved in the Union by uniting and voting in solidarity.

100% Part-time voting should be the goal and I believe full-timers great fear this possibility.
I think playing the part timers against the full timers is stupid and divisive BS.

The part timers need to vote. So do the full timers.
I don't think either group is scared of a better turnout.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I think playing the part timers against the full timers is stupid and divisive BS.
I don’t.

I think speaking to them like they are a valuable part of this Union, should view themselves as valuable, and they sub organize within the Union to see that their specific issues are adequately represented. If they sub organize in solidarity they could wield the power and influence to make the Union more representative of their needs both now and in future full-time opportunities.
The part timers need to vote.
Yes
So do the full timers.
Yes
I don't think either group is scared of a better turnout.
I disagree.

If every part timer voted they could control the Union, no?

Hardworker74

OMFG the me generation is going to kill us all. Suck it up we all had to work to get to the top of the seniority list. Waaa I want the best truck,Waaa I want the best route,Waaa it's too hot I want A/C! Dear God.
Here goes the old dogs speaking you can’t teach an old dog new tricks lol change is for the better because you went through tough conditions doesn’t mean that change can’t happen for the future oh I forgot the billion dollar company and it’s useless old timers that have been getting screwed there entire life are mad that we have an easier shot at getting what we deserve and the voice to request for better conditions deal with it you old fart or shut up and wait on your retirement

Karma...

I started when you had to be a ft student to work and bring in documentation to that effect every semester....that was one of the many joint agreements between the union and ups......also there obviously was no going from pt to ft........not to mention you actually had to bring in your own water........

oldupsman

Here goes the old dogs speaking you can’t teach an old dog new tricks lol change is for the better because you went through tough conditions doesn’t mean that change can’t happen for the future oh I forgot the billion dollar company and it’s useless old timers that have been getting screwed there entire life are mad that we have an easier shot at getting what we deserve and the voice to request for better conditions deal with it you old fart or shut up and wait on your retirement
Here goes the old dogs speaking. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Lol. Change is for the better. Because
you went through tough conditions doesn't mean that change can't happen for the future. Oh, I forgot. The billion
dollar company and its useless old timers that have been getting screwed their entire life are mad that we have an easier shot at getting what we deserve. And the voice to request for better conditions. Deal with it you old fart or shut up and wait on your retirement.

See. now it's actually readable.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Here goes the old dogs speaking. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Lol. Change is for the better. Because
you went through tough conditions doesn't mean that change can't happen for the future. Oh, I forgot. The billion
dollar company and its useless old timers that have been getting screwed their entire life are mad that we have an easier shot at getting what we deserve. And the voice to request for better conditions. Deal with it you old fart or shut up and wait on your retirement.

See. now it's actually readable.
:censored2:in rookies

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What change you want? A/C in package cars? Will that solve anything? It won't. We work outside where it will be...Hot! Back of truck...Hot. summers are hot.

JonDoe

Good luck in your quest. Oh it's their by the way.
From the old fart waiting to retire.

Brownwind

I’m going drop you twenty stops on my way in. Give you a chance to build up your hours. Enjoy Friday afternoon and Saturday delivery. Most of us older drivers will be out of hours.

Oh yeah… talk to me later when you get steamrolled for getting an injury that was avoidable if you just listened to us old farts.

Also welcome to the bc

Brownwind

What change you want? A/C in package cars? Will that solve anything? It won't. We work outside where it will be...Hot! Back of truck...Hot. summers are hot.
No way!!! It’s hot outside in the summer.

I agree with you some of these dudes post are funny to read. They do a stop every few minutes and they think the truck will cool down enough with the door constantly open. They’ll tear the muscles in their shoulders opening the door before the truck will cool down. A/C is only good for longer rides.

charm299

I wasn't worrying about my coworkers, I was simply trying to see if anyone had experienced a mass 8 hour demand on a day with many extras and how management handled it as I have not seen it before.
Yeah, we actually have what they call “floaters“ on some days. On heavy days, if they have extra drivers, they just go around and take stops off of people and get pickups in