Here we are again, black robes mandating laws

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Judge David O. Carter granted a preliminary injunction sought by the plaintiffs in the case last week and now is telling the city and county that they must find single women and unaccompanied children on skid row a place to stay within 90 days, followed by helping families within 120 days and finally, by Oct. 18, offering every homeless person on skid row housing or shelter.

“Los Angeles has lost its parks, beaches, schools, sidewalks, and highway systems due to the inaction of city and county officials who have left our homeless citizens with no other place to turn,” Carter wrote in a 110-page brief laced with quotes from Abraham Lincoln and an extensive history of how skid row was first created.

rickyb

Judge David O. Carter granted a preliminary injunction sought by the plaintiffs in the case last week and now is telling the city and county that they must find single women and unaccompanied children on skid row a place to stay within 90 days, followed by helping families within 120 days and finally, by Oct. 18, offering every homeless person on skid row housing or shelter.

“Los Angeles has lost its parks, beaches, schools, sidewalks, and highway systems due to the inaction of city and county officials who have left our homeless citizens with no other place to turn,” Carter wrote in a 110-page brief laced with quotes from Abraham Lincoln and an extensive history of how skid row was first created.
why hasnt hte richest country on earth ended homelessness?

vantexan

norway has a broad definition of homelessness and yet its rate is 50% less than america whos definition im not sure about.
Norway has a small population and serious oil money. And there's not one area of Norway that has mild weather like Southern California where it's easy to live in a tent, at least weather wise.

rickyb

Norway has a small population and serious oil money. And there's not one area of Norway that has mild weather like Southern California where it's easy to live in a tent, at least weather wise.
yes they are all northern countries but these countries are also the most equal and the biggest welfare states. its hard to say whos best because htey dont use apples to apples comparison anywhere as far as i can tell, aside from the ones i listed.

vantexan

yes they are all northern countries but these countries are also the most equal and the biggest welfare states. its hard to say whos best because htey dont use apples to apples comparison anywhere as far as i can tell, aside from the ones i listed.
You just used a bunch of gobbledygook. If the U.S. has 330 million people, and Norway has 5.3 million with huge oil deposits to pay for everything, then which country would have an easier time taking care of their homeless? It's not a trick question. You like to tear down the U.S. by comparing to other countries. Those comparisons should be limited to countries that have large populations. Compare us to Indonesia, Brazil. I think we then look pretty good by comparison.

rickyb

You just used a bunch of gobbledygook. If the U.S. has 330 million people, and Norway has 5.3 million with huge oil deposits to pay for everything, then which country would have an easier time taking care of their homeless? It's not a trick question. You like to tear down the U.S. by comparing to other countries. Those comparisons should be limited to countries that have large populations. Compare us to Indonesia, Brazil. I think we then look pretty good by comparison.
theres a list of countries besides norway which scored well including poland which comes off as a semi developed country

rod

Retired 22 years
why hasnt hte richest country on earth ended homelessness?
A lot of them WANT to live that way. They have a hard time even getting them to go to the shelters when it gets cold around here. They would rather live under a bridge and do their drugs because the shelters don't allow them to drink, smoke or do drugs. You can't help those who don't want to be helped.

rickyb

A lot of them WANT to live that way. They have a hard time even getting them to go to the shelters when it gets cold around here. They would rather live under a bridge and do their drugs because the shelters don't allow them to drink, smoke or do drugs. You can't help those who don't want to be helped.
the shelter's suck anyways right