Hershey's Moving To Mexico

Sammie

I always considered Hershey's Chocolate one of America's "Rock of Gibraltar's", one of the good, old fashioned, All American institutions. But in order to save $, what's left of the company in Canada and a portion, for now, of the Pennsylania operation is headed south so they can pay their new employees two dollars an hour.

What a disappointment.

Between relocating work to Mexico, India and the Far East,
I'm curious what will be left for our kids and grandkids, etc. to do down the road...

It's scary to think of the positions that are trotting off to other countries. White collar jobs, blue collar jobs, manufacturing, the service industry, overseas workers taking support questions regarding computer problems, software programmers.

I found out from my doctor recently that more and more of our X-rays and MRI scans are being examined and interpreted by technicians who don't even live here. But it saves the hospitals and the doctors a lot of money!

Now that's a nice warm and fuzzy! Hope they read them right!

And if you've ever called the 1-800# for any of your credit cards? Good luck understanding whoever answers the phone!

Aren't we compromising ourselves with foreigners having
access to our medical and financial records? Couldn't there be an issue of identify theft here maybe?

Acording to Lou Dobbs, we're exporting around 500,000 jobs a year to other countries.

I've heard the Hershey mansion and surrounding attractions are quite the place. Wouldn't surprise me if they eventually shut that down too.

Good bye Reeses,.... but Dove's is far better anyway.

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=60296

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jspa?threadID=600018711&tstart=160&mod=1178758336712

moreluck

golden ticket member
I always liked Hersheys, but I'm pretty sure I can find a substitute.

I refuse to buy Charmin T.P. anymore. I have no idea where it is made, but in our CA. store, the entire package was printed in Spanish....pisses me off! Quilted Northern will do just fine......and more than one sheet too! :lol:

diesel96

I always liked Hersheys, but I'm pretty sure I can find a substitute.

I refuse to buy Charmin T.P. anymore. I have no idea where it is made, but in our CA. store, the entire package was printed in Spanish....pisses me off! Quilted Northern will do just fine......and more than one sheet too! :lol:

So,if your stranded on the toilet in a public rest room,and you call out to the Hispanic attendee "Hey Chico give me some Toilet paper,"and Chico says "ok,Dos Dollars"I guess your going home with a big ole brown skid mark in your tighty whities.:blushing:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was talking about the brand bought for the home.....who said anything about a public restroom?? Too much of a stretch, diesel, for not much of a laugh.

trickpony1

It's scary to think of the positions that are trotting off to other countries. White collar jobs, blue collar jobs, manufacturing, the service industry, overseas workers taking support questions regarding computer problems, software programmers.

Acording to Lou Dobbs, we're exporting around 500,000 jobs a year to other countries.

......and when a major economic depression hits America it will be a complete surprise.

wkmac

......and when a major economic depression hits America it will be a complete surprise.

And can you imagine how much worse it will be as a result of the massive debt the executive branch and the Congress have mounted on not just in the last 8 years but over the suceeding decades. Imagine either what could be done with the money itself going to pay hte interest alone such as either paying for various improvements throughout society or the best of all scenarios would be massive wide scale tax cuts. Who knows, all this talk up for the Fair Tax might not be needed as maybe the entire income tax could go away on it's own.

Good observation Trick!

wkmac

So,if your stranded on the toilet in a public rest room,and you call out to the Hispanic attendee "Hey Chico give me some Toilet paper,"and Chico says "ok,Dos Dollars"I guess your going home with a big ole brown skid mark in your tighty whities.:blushing:

Moreluck,

Look again at the above statement and read it real close. Does the wording and comments sound oh so familar to you?

I can think of 2 people, ah OK Jekyll and Hyde if you will, who would have responded in almost the exact same wording to you on your comments. What are the odds or is it a genetic trait characteristic among certain type politicos? I don't happen to think so and why the wording above caught my attention.

As Spock would say, fascinating!

raceanoncr

Well, is this company contributing to the same thing?

Just ordered some new summer shirts (the old logos were fraying so bad you couldn't see the Olympic circles no more!). Got em back this week. Every one is made in China. Oh, wait a min...UPS is now flying to China. OK, I get it. Nevermind

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Moreluck,

Look again at the above statement and read it real close. Does the wording and comments sound oh so familar to you?

I can think of 2 people, ah OK Jekyll and Hyde if you will, who would have responded in almost the exact same wording to you on your comments. What are the odds or is it a genetic trait characteristic among certain type politicos? I don't happen to think so and why the wording above caught my attention.

As Spock would say, fascinating!

I have been thinking the same thing for a while, hmm.....

705red

Browncafe Steward
Just imagine how much money ups will make now! It costs more to ship international packages than grounds state to state. I will never buy another hersheys product again!