Hi i'm new to the board!

joshp912

Hi I just registered with this forum! I'm trying to find out as much info as possible about working for UPS. I live in Savannah GA and am moving to Orlando FL in January.

I've been a delivery driver at Pizza Hut for 2 years now and am looking into being a courier for UPS. I got a few questions about working for UPS that might affect how much time I spend on this forum.

Thanks to anyone who shares some insight!

1. Lemme go ahead and get it out the way...I have a felony charge on my record for Sale of Marijuana and served 4 years probation and have been off for 4 months now. Does UPS discriminate against felons? Do they background check everybody? I pretty much cannot get this charge expunged...I wish I could but it would be EXTREMELY difficult so i'm just waiting on the statue of limitations to kick in some years down the road. Does anybody on here work with felons?

2. How long would I have to work part time as a handler until I could drive the truck in ORLANDO? I think I heard 7 years from somewhere.

3. What kind of pay could I expect after putting years and years into this company? I'd like to start working for somebody that I could have a future with.

4. If hired...could I join the Union right away or is there an amount of hours i'd have to work first before being eligible?

5. I will definately use the search button when I have more time...I work 55 hour weeks right now but i'm gonna be doing alot of research on here when I get the time to do so.

Don't hold back on me in any way!

Josh

dragracer66

Absolutly....Ups does not hire felon's past or present. I know they stick to that rule. Try Fed Ex, seem's like all the felon's go there!!!

joshp912

damn this sucks

I feel robbed by the police....I did NOT even sell any drugs

Fed EX huh...hmm

Definately not UPS but i'll do some research

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
for you to have a felony charge for marijuana...what you do????

"Coming into Los Angeleeeesssss....Bringing in a couple of keys. Don't touch my bags if you please Mr. Customs man.....mmaaannnnn!!

joshp912

it was a "sale of marijuana" charge

originally it was "party to the sale"...but after going through with the police's "deal" and seeing my probation officer and her telling me "No it was not party to the sale...it was SALE of marijuana"

sucks