Hiring Freeze

Superteeth2478

I'm in the southern US and can confirm. There were zero breaks during my entire time as a PTer.
What? No, the Southern Supplement does provide for part-time employee relief periods that are 10 minutes that are to be taken between the first and third hour of the shift starting.

Box Ox

What? No, the Southern Supplement does provide for part-time employee relief periods that are 10 minutes that are to be taken between the first and third hour of the shift starting.

I'm in the south but not under the Southern Supplement. No breaks for PTers in mine.

Waldo

I’m at the CACH facility in Illinois. Sure we’re supposed to get a 10 minute break, but most days they refuse to give it to use and opt to give us the added time instead (which they like to forget to add to our time cards most of the time). What I’m referring to is by state law employers don’t have to give breaks so no labor laws are being violated by us getting refused a break. The union isn’t going to care as long as we get paid for it. We’ve got a veteran employee who is getting his steward involved due to them purposely not adding the extra time.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I’m at the CACH facility in Illinois. Sure we’re supposed to get a 10 minute break, but most days they refuse to give it to use and opt to give us the added time instead (which they like to forget to add to our time cards most of the time). What I’m referring to is by state law employers don’t have to give breaks so no labor laws are being violated by us getting refused a break. The union isn’t going to care as long as we get paid for it. We’ve got a veteran employee who is getting his steward involved due to them purposely not adding the extra time.
Labor charges with the NLRB, not the state. File with the NLRB if the union fails to correct the problem.