Hmm, where's da recycle binz, yo?!?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ok so I'm about to dump July delivery records into my own blue recycling bin at home...

IMG_20170705_214417.jpg

Y, because the recycling binz at work is FALSE NEWS!!!

I'm rolling in late some days, just to see the cleaning lady gathering all of them together with the trash and dumping it into the green dumpster outside.

QUADRUPLE-FACEPALM.gif

Where's the blue dumpster binz outside of that huge FedEx building?!?!

My pile of papers fo dat month is about a foot thick, times about a hundred other drivers in my terminal= a lot of wasted paperwork that can be recycled into cardboard or tp or whatevs. The repackaging area for qa clerks are about 70% recycling cardboard as well

I don't get the facade of having recycling cans all over the terminal, only to have them dump to the landfill.

SM DM or whatever manager should get on this, it's just too much wasteful practices going on.

What say thee, fellow eggplants? Is your terminal really "green"?

McFeely

Huge Member
My station is not green at all. No recycling to be seen and hundreds of wasted DRA sheets just lying around. I've asked for them to quit printing DRA maps for me (other drivers have as well), but mgmt still does it.

DeliveryException

My station is not green at all. No recycling to be seen and hundreds of wasted DRA sheets just lying around. I've asked for them to quit printing DRA maps for me (other drivers have as well), but mgmt still does it.

I like the maps, don't want the manifest list. I used the map to quickly see where DRA failed and has me with stops 34, 47 and 75(or whatever they happen to be that day)) within a block of each other so I can change order as needed. Easier than going thru stops on the Ppad a page at a time

OrioN

DE, that's what I do in the AM preload... I load my van according to stop proximity & business first, not following the OrioN or DRA traces 100%

Since the HD contractor s pay for these paperwork, wether a driver uses them or not, it's good to have them as back-up if the s hits the fan.

For example, a driver gets bit by a dog. While he meets the contractor at the local hospital, the contractor can jump in, and take over the route as needed.

A few years ago, a driver broke his ankle & I went in to take his route over... his p700 was bricked out, so I kept doing his route until 4 other drivers finished theirs & meet me at the parking lot to do:

DEX 079

transfer a couple of stops to them to help out.

I gave them 25 stops each, with the corresponding turn by turns and to look at the paper maps before heading out and completing the stops.

CJinx

A station I was once domiciled at 'went green' by eliminating styrofoam cups for the coffee machine and encouraging people to bring their own mugs. They communicated this drafting a notice and printing off hundreds of copies to stuff in people's mailboxes, some even getting multiple copies.
I think it was more about saving green than going green, and district staff making a comment about all the cups strewn about by people who don't throw away their trash didn't help either.
As for recycling, we do recycle our paper and cardboard. The janitorial staff collects it all and it goes on a trailer to the hub for processing (apparently they get some revenue for recycling in bulk).

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok so I'm about to dump July delivery records into my own blue recycling bin at home...

View attachment 145770

Y, because the recycling binz at work is FALSE NEWS!!!

I'm rolling in late some days, just to see the cleaning lady gathering all of them together with the trash and dumping it into the green dumpster outside.

QUADRUPLE-FACEPALM.gif

Where's the blue dumpster binz outside of that huge FedEx building?!?!

My pile of papers fo dat month is about a foot thick, times about a hundred other drivers in my terminal= a lot of wasted paperwork that can be recycled into cardboard or tp or whatevs. The repackaging area for qa clerks are about 70% recycling cardboard as well

I don't get the facade of having recycling cans all over the terminal, only to have them dump to the landfill.

SM DM or whatever manager should get on this, it's just too much wasteful practices going on.

What say thee, fellow eggplants? Is your terminal really "green"?

You. Should get with Nancy on this

OrioN

Well, at least we have ONE terminal that's green, is it really that hard to have blue dumpster binz outside of the warehouse? Wal-Mart, target, auto parts store s, etc have them since they put out about 80% of their refuse as recyclable material

UPS terminals are also this way?

Well, who wants to recycle Gatorade bottles filled with lemonade anyways.

Wait, yes u can! Just evaporate/ concentrate the wee wee so it has enough urea for the diesel exhaust fluid systems... what a pita that emissions crap is

I see truckers using plain water instead, as they pump diesel to the twin tanks, good or bad?

BootsOnTarmac

Truckers should just remove the blue cap, do their business, and stop throwing yellow bombs out the window. I feel sorry for the road crews who have to pick those bottles up.

SmithBarney

The funny thing is 95+% of our waste is recyclable. The city provides FREE blue dumpsters which can be loaded with MIXED recycling... yet daily our GREEN dumpster is overflowing with clear garbage bags full of paper...

OrioN

95% is a bit high. But I'm not going to bother if that is true or false.

Well, it falls upon the station manager then...

git er done!

Unless the local town wants additional revenue for the recycling truck to swing by and use their automated arm to pick them up...

SmithBarney

95% is a bit high. But I'm not going to bother if that is true or false.

Well, it falls upon the station manager then...

git er done!

Unless the local town wants additional revenue for the recycling truck to swing by and use their automated arm to pick them up...

Well make a list of what we throw away.
Pretty much everything we print, we throw away(minus the stuff we save, and even the stuff we save gets purged eventually 13month folders for DG, etc)
Cardboard boxes
Aluminum Cans/plastic bottles from the soda machine

We have some food/styrofoam waste, but not much since not that many people eat
in the office(larger Stations might have more)

As for the management team, they aren't concerned with operating costs beyond # of routes on road. You could have the building A/C or Heat running with the doors wide open all day, and they wouldn't bat an eye.