Holiday disaster looms as UPS, FedEx overloaded after online shopping soars

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's a very interesting argument. Because anywhere that offers free shipping is pricing it into the products.
Agree.
One of my buying tactics on ebay is to buy something for $10 with $30 shipping.
Most times, the same item will sell for $50 with free shipping.
Most people just think gouging for shipping instead of the total price.

oldngray

nowhere special
Agree.
One of my buying tactics on ebay is to buy something for $10 with $30 shipping.
Most times, the same item will sell for $50 with free shipping.
Most people just think gouging for shipping instead of the total price.

I always look at the total price. Sometimes it is cheaper to pay for shipping, other times the free shipping will be cheaper. I do agree there are too many stupid people that get hung up on "free". My stepdaughter sold a lot on ebay and she just couldn't grasp the concept that after she paid for shipping she was losing money.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
When was the last time UPS told you, you were awesome?

Will one day you an awesome person and do everything right and the next day your the scum of the earth. One day you get a t-shirt for safety or something, the next day you get boxes all over the place and nowhere to walk.

twoweeled

I always look at the total price. Sometimes it is cheaper to pay for shipping, other times the free shipping will be cheaper. I do agree there are too many stupid people that get hung up on "free". My stepdaughter sold a lot on ebay and she just couldn't grasp the concept that after she paid for shipping she was losing money.
Yeah, your right. You have to look at everything nowadays. Some places (like amazon) can offer a lower total price with shipping, because they pay a much lower shipping price on many things, than "joe's goods".

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yeah, your right. You have to look at everything nowadays. Some places (like amazon) can offer a lower total price with shipping, because they pay a much lower shipping price on many things, than "joe's goods".
or even Joe's BBQ ... wanna pet the doggy?
12316432_10205671225996167_3777101234793482151_n.jpg

trickpony1

In all my years in feeders not once has dispatch said, "...hey, trickster, go over to XYZ company and pick up their loaded trailer. We aren't charging them for shipping."

The cost of shipping is somewhere......