Hollywood Types

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why do these Hollywood-type folks think they have political expertise? Harry Bellafonte travelled to Venezuela and spoke about Bush being the #1 terrorist in the world today. Danny Glover also made the trip with him. So, is Danny Glover just a travelling companion or is he of the same mind-set as Harry?

Just might have to boycott any future movies with Mr. Glover in them. :mad:

Carracas was a stop on a cruise I once took.........lots of soldiers standing all around the city with machine guns. Very scary place!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Chavez accuses Bush of trying to overthrow him, pointing to intelligence documents released by the U.S. indicating that the CIA knew beforehand that dissident officers planned a short-lived 2002 coup. The U.S. denies involvement, but Chavez says Venezuela must be on guard

Does this mean that the US backed the coup, or just knew about it?

The way I read the story, they knew about it but did nothing. So why bring it up, unless they are trying to attempt to make the reader believe something else?

d

wkmac

dannyboy said:
Mac

Does this mean that the US backed the coup, or just knew about it?

The way I read the story, they knew about it but did nothing. So why bring it up, unless they are trying to attempt to make the reader believe something else?

d

Probably a little of both. CIA has been involved in political espionage, especially in Central and South America since the git go. With their track record they probably helped Chavez into power and now when their store bought dog schitts on the living room rug, they want to put it to sleep. Remember General Noreiga? Typical CIA track record if you ask me.

What do you think there Information Please?

I'm just a :smartass: ain't I?:sneaky2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

awful big word. While there are some really good guys at the Cia, there are also those, and some would be in a position to do, who would do things like that. We will never know. And quite possible they supported both sides at the same time.

IT would seem like if they focused on gathering intel instead of making intel, maybe the world would be a better place?

It would also seem that this is also a prime example of what you get with a goverment agency that has too much power, no accountablity, and unlimited funding, both by tax dollars and drug money etc.

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
Harvey Weinstein may have been fired illegally by The Weinstein Company, a company that wrote a contract that said Weinstein could get sued over and over for sexual harassment and as long as he shelled out money, that was good enough for the Company.

TMZ is privy to Weinstein's 2015 employment contract, which says if he gets sued for sexual harassment or any other "misconduct" that results in a settlement or judgment against TWC, all Weinstein has to do is pay what the company's out, along with a fine, and he's in the clear.

rickyb

Why do these Hollywood-type folks think they have political expertise? Harry Bellafonte travelled to Venezuela and spoke about Bush being the #1 terrorist in the world today. Danny Glover also made the trip with him. So, is Danny Glover just a travelling companion or is he of the same mind-set as Harry?

Just might have to boycott any future movies with Mr. Glover in them. :mad:

Carracas was a stop on a cruise I once took.........lots of soldiers standing all around the city with machine guns. Very scary place!
bellafonte is a good man. i think danny glover had something to do with one of howard zinn's works.

u should unsubscribe from your news sources!

rickyb

Harvey Weinstein may have been fired illegally by The Weinstein Company, a company that wrote a contract that said Weinstein could get sued over and over for sexual harassment and as long as he shelled out money, that was good enough for the Company.

TMZ is privy to Weinstein's 2015 employment contract, which says if he gets sued for sexual harassment or any other "misconduct" that results in a settlement or judgment against TWC, all Weinstein has to do is pay what the company's out, along with a fine, and he's in the clear.
sometimes whats lawful is unjust.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Would you please stop resurrecting decade old threads?

That’s not how it is supposed to work.

Dotard
@moreluck actually did what a member is asked to do.
When you enter a title, a list of 'similar' previous titles pop up to the right.
Weinstein actually fits the title well.
Thank you more for an exemplary model of intelligent member usage of the data in the UI.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Weinstein had reportedly already paid off claims of this sort previously and stayed on. Maybe just the sheer volume of cases caused them to finally give him the boot. At some point, these ladies have the potential of taking the entire company down, and they still might. Jettisoning Harvey might just be seen as more of a measure of damage control for investors than actual disgust for his behavior. They'll all want big money like the victims of Jerry Sandusky or the Catholic Church.

As for Hollywood types who dip into the political discussion, that's been going on forever. Reagan was most notably even once president of the Actors Guild. I'll never forget Clint Eastwood talking to a chair. Schwarzenegger is still talking about politics and Al Franken holds office as two of the three above did.

I don't agree with any of the four on everything, but least of all with Reagan. Still, he looks like a bleeding heart compared with Bannon, who lists Hollywood producer among his jobs.

Maybe the first actor to enter into political discourse was John Wilkes Booth. Lincoln wouldn't even recognize his party today.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Weinstein had reportedly already paid off claims of this sort previously and stayed on. Maybe just the sheer volume of cases caused them to finally give him the boot. At some point, these ladies have the potential of taking the entire company down, and they still might. Jettisoning Harvey might just be seen as more of a measure of damage control for investors than actual disgust for his behavior. They'll all want big money like the victims of Jerry Sandusky or the Catholic Church.

As for Hollywood types who dip into the political discussion, that's been going on forever. Reagan was most notably even once president of the Actors Guild. I'll never forget Clint Eastwood talking to a chair. Schwarzenegger is still talking about politics and Al Franken holds office as two of the three above did.

I don't agree with any of the four on everything, but least of all with Reagan. Still, he looks like a bleeding heart compared with Bannon, who lists Hollywood producer among his jobs.

Maybe the first actor to enter into political discourse was John Wilkes Booth. Lincoln wouldn't even recognize his party today.
Nor Jefferson or FDR their party.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
No, no I don't think so...
Screenshot_2017-10-16-06-15-44.png