How do I...

MikeJaccobs

Quit? I'm a loader for UPS and I feel too awkward asking my supe the procedure. I've been with UPS for almost 5 months and I'm not in the Union. I know I'm almost close to getting full benefits at 6 months, but this job isn't working for me, especially now that we've entered this horror known as "peak." The workload is kicking my ass, seems when I'm not working or going to class all I do is sleep. I'm mostly here for the tuition reimbursement, but I've recently scored a scholarship so that's no longer an issue. As for the benefits I'm covered under my father's plan for as long I'm in college plus I'm living at home rent free untill I graduate. However, the main reason I've got to leave is because I have an oppurtunity to do internship that invloves my major (Computer Science) and my schedule won't permit me to do both.

My time with UPS was mostly good, I met some cool people and gained some valuable work experience, but now I feel I need to leave. So could one of you UPSers help me out?:thumbup1:

rod

Retired 22 years
Just be honest. Tell your Center manager (if you tell your supervisor the message might not get relayed) just what you wrote here. Depending on how you really feel about UPS give a 2 week notice (through peak if possible). Good luck.

SmithBarney

In all honesty, just like rod said give notice and thats all you need, granted its a part time job, so 1 week is all you'd really need. Hell most people just never show up again.

mrvngrdns

Quit? I'm a loader for UPS and I feel too awkward asking my supe the procedure. I've been with UPS for almost 5 months and I'm not in the Union. I know I'm almost close to getting full benefits at 6 months, but this job isn't working for me, especially now that we've entered this horror known as "peak." The workload is kicking my ass, seems when I'm not working or going to class all I do is sleep. I'm mostly here for the tuition reimbursement, but I've recently scored a scholarship so that's no longer an issue. As for the benefits I'm covered under my father's plan for as long I'm in college plus I'm living at home rent free untill I graduate. However, the main reason I've got to leave is because I have an oppurtunity to do internship that invloves my major (Computer Science) and my schedule won't permit me to do both.

My time with UPS was mostly good, I met some cool people and gained some valuable work experience, but now I feel I need to leave. So could one of you UPSers help me out?:thumbup1:

I'm impressed that you are worried about quitting "the right way". These days, too many people burn bridges and show no concern about leaving an employer short-handed. I feel that you should finish peak, as this would be about your two week notice, anyways. And it's too bad that UPS is losing an employee like you, who possibly could be a benefit to the company in the future.

MikeJaccobs

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll go ahead and work through peak, I could use the overtime with x-mas around the corner and the internship doesn't start until early January.

A

Anon

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll go ahead and work through peak, I could use the overtime with x-mas around the corner and the internship doesn't start until early January.
Jimini X-mas,what do you care about UPS or peak just do like the rest and tell them to pound sand for thier $9.50 an hour. (although I do give you props for caring)

oldpaddy

I've dreamed of the many ways I would quit UPS.
Here are a few:
1) You ******* ******* go **** yourself and your mother. *******
2) You can take this package and stick it up your ***. You ********* ********* *********.
And, my personal favorite
3) You mother ******* ******* I hope you rot in hell! You ******* ********. I **** on you! May your children, wife and dog **** on you the way you've ******* on me. How ******** dare you! You ******* ********! **** you! You ********* *********. I quit!

But that's just me :)

DS

Fenderbender
I`ve often thought about what Id do if I won a huge lottery.
I think I`d call in and say...I wont be in today...and when the sup starts in with the you can`t we need you routine I`d interrupt with, or tomorrow,or the day after that or the day after that.:balloon:

JustAnotherBody

I always thought this would be a good one... Its a GREAT time of year to do it.... The shutoff for the belt by the pullers... im guessing this would work on a sort isle too.. has the hole on the latch for a maintnance lock....
I purpose that u:
BRING YOUR OWN LOCK!!!!

Then when the :censored2: sup/manager TEAM starts yelling about why the belts off say cuz i quit then walk out but hide around a corner and watch em scramble for some bolt cutters....

suckaz.

peace and im out!

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
I've dreamed of the many ways I would quit UPS.
Here are a few:
1) You ******* ******* go **** yourself and your mother. *******
2) You can take this package and stick it up your ***. You ********* ********* *********.
And, my personal favorite
3) You mother ******* ******* I hope you rot in hell! You ******* ********. I **** on you! May your children, wife and dog **** on you the way you've ******* on me. How ******** dare you! You ******* ********! **** you! You ********* *********. I quit!

But that's just me :)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

IM going with ol paddy advice

Foamer Pyle

If I won the lottery I would take the package car out and park behind a Wal-Mart and then give em a call around 3pm to let them know where the package car is, full of course!!

LKLND3380

I always thought this would be a good one... Its a GREAT time of year to do it.... The shutoff for the belt by the pullers... im guessing this would work on a sort isle too.. has the hole on the latch for a maintnance lock....
I purpose that u:
BRING YOUR OWN LOCK!!!!

Then when the :censored2: sup/manager TEAM starts yelling about why the belts off say cuz i quit then walk out but hide around a corner and watch em scramble for some bolt cutters....

suckaz.

peace and im out!

Bring your own lock... I like that... Once a belt has been secured who can unsecure it?
ONLY THE PERSON THAT SECURED IT!!!!!

satellitedriver

Good for you.
After your stint with UPS, when you shave in the morning you will see a man looking back at you.
It will be UPS's loss, not yours.
Best of luck with your future.

browniehound

Here is what I would do,(after winning $100 million) and I'm serious. Hopefully they will let me go part-time, If not, I'll take a full-time position (article 22.3) in which the hours allow me to go to graduated school to get my MBA. I wll then pursue Mr.Eskew's job. Another degree besides business? No problem, I have all the time in the world:wink:

I know, I know. I probably (actually I know) my IQ is not sufficient enough to be considered for a CEO job at UPS or even a small company. Once I have realized my limitations in the business world, I would continue to go to college for the rest of my life. (night school hopefully!) Stuff like astronomy, paleoanthology, geology, physics, chemistry, palemagnitism and what ever else I can Think of! What the heck else could we do? Its a nice thought to think of. The problem is, if i'd win he lotto I would read science books(how fun?) to keep me from being a full-blown alcohilic. My job(hours)is doing that now!