How do you grieve managerial dishonesty?

raceanoncr

Kinda hard to grieve something that's not a contract violation.

A District Manager once told me directly during a grievance hearing, "No where does it say in the contract that we HAVE to make money"!

So, I take that to mean that nowhere in the contract does it say that managers HAVE to be honest!

island1fox

Just a thought. How would one go about it? What is your opinion?

menotyou,

Not to sure what you mean by "Managerial Dishonesty"

Very basic to me as I spent time both as an hourly and management--any "dishonesty" when proven should be dealt with severly.

Now I have heard some outrageous charges like ---I can do my route better than my manager --that makes him dishonest ???

If anyone is stealing or doing anything that is dishonest I am sure both the Company And the Union would like to know about it.

If you have knowledge of a guilty action and do not report it to someone in Authority and follow up to make sure it has been dealt with --you could end up like 'papa Joe "

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Island, first of all I love you but.... the company is playing good guy bad guy, constantly.
it shouldnt be like this, it is.
Im glad Im soon to be gone, and maybe my posts will help me along.:felloforit1:
Really I like my sups and cms as people, as management not so much.

It is like talking to a proverbial brick wall.
I used to enjoy my job, when my life would be in turmoil, at least here I knew what I was doing!! I could relax and work my butt off and it meant something.
Now every day, I feel like a rookie.
Some days I seriously want to cry.
I TRY really hard to get my point across respectively. It phases no one. I try to take care of customers, and I try to get my management to help me do that. I may as well piss in the wind.
Dishonest, I think 15 stops I didnt deliver called emergency conditions is dishonest. The fact is I ran out of time. is that dishonest to the customer?

menotyou

bella amicizia
There is already a mechanicsm in place to report managerial "dishonesty" so this thread is redundant and unnecessary.
Says you. Haven't we already discussed the value of your opinion to me? Yet, you still feel the need to state it. I think a thread talking in the third person while informing everyone you were wrong is so vainglorious and pompuos; like it was some occasion like the birth of the baby Jesus that had to be recorded in BC history.

brownelf

me is correct about the ethics hotline it is a joke, had the chance to see it in action last year and was disappointed by the results. Now along with the lack of respect for my center manager as far as integrity goes my DM is has joined the club. They don't want to fix the problem just desire to sweep it under the rug or blame an hourly for reporting it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Article 37 ---oversupervision, harrassment, coercion. One could argue that if a management person lies to an hourly they are failing to treat them with dignity and respect as is required by this article. Its a stretch, but at the very least by filing you are shining some light on the lie and forcing it out in the open.

tourists24

Article 37 ---oversupervision, harrassment, coercion. One could argue that if a management person lies to an hourly they are failing to treat them with dignity and respect as is required by this article. Its a stretch, but at the very least by filing you are shining some light on the lie and forcing it out in the open.
Brings up a good point Sober.... the biggest complaint hourlies have is that filing does no good.... wrong.... it starts a paper trail..... I always tell em, "if you dont put it in writing, then it never happened"

island1fox

Island, first of all I love you but.... the company is playing good guy bad guy, constantly.

Toon,

As I stated I would have loved to have worked with a person like you. Some day -at the right time I will relate to you a true story about one of my "last" battles that involved both Company and Union Dishonesty. Caused me much grief but I survived --will always have the scar--but most of all - I look back and feel extremely lucky that in my life I worked with and got to know many people like you. Hang in there, finish it off and then truly enjoy retirement !!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Toon,

As I stated I would have loved to have worked with a person like you. Some day -at the right time I will relate to you a true story about one of my "last" battles that involved both Company and Union Dishonesty. Caused me much grief but I survived --will always have the scar--but most of all - I look back and feel extremely lucky that in my life I worked with and got to know many people like you. Hang in there, finish it off and then truly enjoy retirement !!

Thanks Island, I feel the same. I have met many on here I would love to know and work with also. Have met and worked with many high caliber people. Rarely met one I have not liked, or one that wouldnt have my back, that I could trust.
I consider myself lucky to have had the ability to do a job, many cant. I was blessed by parents and My God with a strong body, and sound mind(well mostly) But the fun has gone, and I wish I could leave sooner, but as you know, as bad as it may seem sometimes its not possible to walk away, before getting the prize you worked half your life for.
Ill finish it off best I can, and if something makes it happen sooner, so be it. I will continue to try to find the joy where I can and keep a good attitude towards all.