How many are thinking of retiring in the year 2020?

cachmeifucan

And it seemed when I was working... Not worth waiting on the next one after it passed.
Nobody ever said" I'm so glad I worked till the next one."
Time. It's the most valuable thing.
Not if you retired last year before August and had 30 years full-time you left 4800 on the table each year. So waiting sometimes benefits you if you are right on the cudp of retirement or can you wait 1 more contract

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Not if you retired last year before August and had 30 years full-time you left 4800 on the table each year. So waiting sometimes benefits you if you are right on the cudp of retirement or can you wait 1 more contract
I'm out of the loop. Been out going on 10 years.
I quit the first day they paid me to stay home. Never looked forward or backward.
Will do Social Security the same way. I understand a lot of folks don't look at it that way though.
Everybody has to do what they think is best.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm out of the loop. Been out going on 10 years.
I quit the first day they paid me to stay home. Never looked forward or backward.
Will do Social Security the same way. I understand a lot of folks don't look at it that way though.
Everybody has to do what they think is best.

That's not the way we do things here in Merica. It's our duty to tell others how to live their lives.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I could have stayed 5 1/2 years longer and added a grand a month or more to my pension. Nope.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I could have stayed 5 1/2 years longer and added a grand a month or more to my pension. Nope.
Leaving 5 1/2 years sooner added many more years to your life by avoiding all the stress and aggravation the company pours on you. The added years of enjoyment while still young is more important than the higher pension. The money made over the years should provide a comfortable retirement.

Shiftless

Its simple! Either you do the best you can with planning your life or you free wheel it till it runs over you!
Choices! Ya gotta LOVE CHOICES!