How Many Packages get Processed Daily at a UPS Store?

clean hairy

Hi all, I tried searching for this question here but couldn't find anything, so apologies if it's already been answered.

I'm wondering what the number of package dropoffs is that an average UPS Store receives per day. Also, from what I've read online, the average commission for each processed package is ~$1. Does that sound correct? Thanks in advance!
Why would this be of any concdrn to you?
Are you also on the McDonalds discussion forum asking how many chesseburgers each store sells?
Got no idea why anyone would care.

542thruNthru

Sooooooo.....

Funny story. I actually ran into a guy that deals with UPS store data at the bar tonight.

I won't go to far into his job but... turns out @Old Man Jingles is right.... Damn that hurt to say.

We will ship FedEx... BUT because FedEx refuses to pick up most UPS Store do not offer it.

Also he told me the average drop offs per week is 300 and the average shipments 200. This is mid year. He said of course it fluctuates by time of year and location.

Also for you UPS Store historians :)
He said the UPS store at Florida State beats every store hands down every year in sales. They have a huge print contract with the university and also have thousands of mailboxes rented out to the students.

I'm off tomorrow and have been drinking so
AstonishingBossyFly-max-1mb.gif

Spacelion

I'm a manager of 2 UPS Stores. It really all depends on the market the store is in. I have one in a wealthy neighborhood that does 300 to 400 a day. The other one is in a lower income area and they will be lucky to hit 100 a day.

About 70% of these packages are prepaid drop offs. And of those, mostly Amazon. So we become Amazon's customer service. It's honestly the biggest pain. Imagine having a business where most of your customers come in expecting everything for free because a company ran by the worlds wealthiest man told them it's all free and they throw temper tantrums because they have to pay for tape or boxes.

MendozaJ

Hi all, I tried searching for this question here but couldn't find anything, so apologies if it's already been answered.

I'm wondering what the number of package dropoffs is that an average UPS Store receives per day. Also, from what I've read online, the average commission for each processed package is ~$1. Does that sound correct? Thanks in advance!

On a normal day for my UPS store, 200 is light, 300 is heavy.

During peak season, 300 is light, 400 is heavy. Mondays you can get over 500 easy, but a percentage of that is overflow from Saturday drop offs.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you are doing research... this not a good audience.
It appears you are talking about ‘drop offs’ or when a customer drops off a package at The UPS Store.
Drivers have no idea.
And a retired ex-ups manager who has been out of the game for 5 years would know ???? Hell, the most pressing thing you do anymore is hit the bong with the cheapest Mexican weed you can find in the backwoods of Georgia.... and scare teenage girls when you go off on your EDM pilgrimages.....Carry on monkey...living life to the fullest...