How many UPS employees are represented by the Teamsters?

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
With these numbers, I am just pondering with curiosity why the Part-time UPS Teamsters, with this overwhelming majority continue to allow themselves to be so marginalized, oppressed, and disrespected at UPS. My observation and experience shows that it has been this way for quite some time.

Because every time we complain and stand up in the workplace, the full-timers with seniority will say that we are just being babies. They'll tell us that when they were rookies, they had to sort packages in the snow barefooted. There's a big divide between full-timers and part-timers

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you
It's because current employees were never that concerned with raising the starting wage or maintaining benefits for new hires.
Why do you think current employees were never that concerned with raising the starting wage or maintaining benefits for new hires?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Why do you think apathy rules the day...even among the Full timers?

Simple answer... ready: Lack of leadership.

The rank and file are not stupid...those days of the illiterate truck drivers are over now. Unfortunately most of the members that did care have given up and are just putting their time in order to get out Dodge. That can change if we all could benefit from this next Contract, the last 3 were pathetic.

Politics is another factor... pitting one region against another in order to maintain the status quo. I hope with the Overwhelming O’Brien win that there will be improvements over the backbiting that we all seen.