How safe is your job?

Sean1992

Brownbagger
I recently told my steward I was filing for sups working. He told the hub manager about this and within 5min I was getting one of those "stern talkings" should I be worried about my job?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
File a harassment grievance if your being retaliated against.

They can't fire you for filing grievances. You'll likely have a target though. So make sure you do everything by the book.

You should be more worried about appearing weak just because of the "stern talk". As stated above, follow up with a harassment grievance and next time make sure your steward is present for any further "talks".

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I recently told my steward I was filing for sups working. He told the hub manager about this and within 5min I was getting one of those "stern talkings" should I be worried about my job?

Did your steward drop a dime on you? If one of my members is complaining about sups working, I'll mention to the area FT that there have been "complaints" about it without dropping any names. Retaliation is awful in my hub; it's gotten better over the last year or two, but it's still there.

If they want to pull the trigger and turn in a grievance, then they've already accepted (after I've given them "the talk"*) the heat that's coming their way.

*This is a summary of "the talk":

"You're doing the right thing, but they're going to be pissed. Make sure you keep doing your job correctly, make sure you keep coming to work on time every day, follow the methods, and work as instructed. Don't get baited into arguing with them. You don't have to discuss your grievance with anyone without a steward present. Don't sign off on any discipline without a steward present."

If you work as instructed and don't have an attendance problem, they can't ****ing touch you. Let them bitch all they want.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
If you could be fired for filing for supervisors working I would have been terminated about a ten thousand times by now. Sure, they can't retaliate but always make sure your own house is in order so there is nowhere for them to go looking.

stink219

What was the "stern talking" about? Was it with the steward? Was discipline involved? Do you feel there was a retaliatory act (reprisal) against you? The reason I ask is it could be a situation of a Labor Board Charge. If you feel uncomfortable about posting it on here, PM me. I deal with this a lot.

Sean1992

Brownbagger
The steward told the hub sup that I was filing on sups working (3 sups) I don't think he did, or intended to throw me under the bus. But right after the steward left he approached me and basically said watch your back anything you do wrong ill be all over.Which is fine I show up everyday and have never been written up...yet He just made me feel like my job was jeopardize I don't want to make this a big deal I just want sups to stop working so I can get my 3 1/2 everyday. How far will my grievance go? They said there "understaffed" but made no effort to get more employees(call list or have people double)

UPS Preloader

The steward told the hub sup that I was filing on sups working (3 sups) I don't think he did, or intended to throw me under the bus. But right after the steward left he approached me and basically said watch your back anything you do wrong ill be all over.Which is fine I show up everyday and have never been written up...yet He just made me feel like my job was jeopardize I don't want to make this a big deal I just want sups to stop working so I can get my 3 1/2 everyday. How far will my grievance go? They said there "understaffed" but made no effort to get more employees(call list or have people double)

If that is truly what was said, you should file a grievance under Article 37 for Harassment and Intimidation...

ARTICLE 37. MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE RELATIONS

Section 1.
(a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest. The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the performance of his or her duties. The Employer will treat employees with dignity and respect at all times, which shall include, but not be limited to, giving due consideration to the age and physical condition of the employee. Employees will also treat each other as well as the Employer with dignity and respect.

Guy Smiley

Your job is safe. There is no retaliation for now. However, bypass the union. Document safety hazards with OSHA and pay discrepancies with the attorney general. Do so in writing and get others to do do as we'll. Oftentimes supervisors will dock pay for not working hard enough or for taking bathroom breaks. Be congnizant of your time card, the inante safety hazards, and the business agent.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If that is truly what was said, you should file a grievance under Article 37 for Harassment and Intimidation...

ARTICLE 37. MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE RELATIONS

Section 1.
(a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest. The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the performance of his or her duties. The Employer will treat employees with dignity and respect at all times, which shall include, but not be limited to, giving due consideration to the age and physical condition of the employee. Employees will also treat each other as well as the Employer with dignity and respect.

What he said^^^

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
When called in for a "stern talking to " you should invoke your weingarten rights as follows:
"If this discussion could in any way lead to my being disciplined or terminated, or affect my personal working condition, I respectfully request that my union representative, officer, or steward be present at the meeting. Without representation, I choose not to answer any questions."
Ask you steward for a card to keep in your wallet. If sups working are that bad file.Article 3 -7